What is it? Unique seat mounting.

I picked this up at a local garage sale. It has a 3 horsepower Briggs & Stratton and a rear brake that is just curved sheet steel that presses against the tire. No front brake, kill switch mounted on the top frame tube. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same minibike, seat set up is kinda close but yours looks more old skool, yeah not original seat and yes probably a El Tigre. If you get a chance would you do a close up on the seat mount - I would like to do that with mine.

I have the same minibike, seat set up is kinda close but yours looks more old skool, yeah not original seat and yes probably a El Tigre. If you get a chance would you do a close up on the seat mount - I would like to do that with mine.
I will take some more photos tonight and get you a close up of the seat mount. I have never seen anything like it on a mini bike. I have always seen them with a full length seat. The seat and mount appear "stock", but it may just have been a good job of welding to the stock frame. Thanks for your input on the make and model.

Bobscooters

They are suppose to be chrome frames but I haven't stripped the paint, I'm more interested in using the seat I have minus the shocks with a bracket similar to yours.

Fat Boy

:no: El Tigre Bird frame ya El Tigre Forks NO

If those are El Tigre someone cut the front springs out on both bikes and reshaped the fork plates on both bikes and added different handlebars .

But then again I only have two El Tigre mini bikes to compare these to so I could be wrong :laugh:

Here are photos of the seat and the mount. And yes, that is a bent nail the prior owner was using as some sort of mount stop. Sheesh! I am glad I found that before I rode it much. I am not looking forward to singing soprano! I will flip the seat so it sits higher and make sure it is mounted correctly. And I agree with what I have read so far, this seems to be some kind of "bobber" El Tigre.

Bobscooters

Thanks for the pictures shootthehorses thats pretty cool, I think thats what i'm shooting for kinda a bobber minibike . I have another set of forks with springs that i'm hoping will fit with this project. And yes FB it doesn't look much like a El Tigre with all the add on and yes I can see where the forks were welded - apparently the springs were junk and previous owner modified. Heck I can't even remember where I got this thing but I think it will be cool when done, now for a color ?