what is it?

slam49

got this off a wanted add on craigslist, an older gentlemen delivered it to me for 25 bucks, and i couldn't be more happy its exactly like what i wanted. i also bought it site unseen, he told me, he had it when he was a kidd in the 60's and thought it was a Rupp..

i looked through alot of Rupp pictures and cant seem to find one like mine, help me, what is it? no mater what it is i love it!!

slam49

why would i wanna do that? i'm sure that was sarcastic, but i don't "get it" just yet!!

i'm sure i'll figure it out soon enough!!

i've only owned it for about an hour and this is my first mini!!

Extreemly Kool frame just as is!

Frame is cool, you obviously saw that and fell in love with it and have a vision of what it can be. The danger is in trying to find out what it was originally. If you do find out and find that it is supposedly "rare", then you will be torn between doing an exact restoration and finishing it (paint and power) the way your vision would have it. I love the custom Monster Energy drink and the red custom Frijoles in the pictures. So, if I ever run across a Frijole frame like this one with the huge Honda motor at a reasonable cost, I'll be checking serial numbers before I do anything... Checking your frame serial number may or may not lead you to your vision or View attachment 11152

View attachment 11153

View attachment 11154 happiness.

tomsprops

This style of frame has shown up b/4 and we haven't been able to ID it .Smallbike has one that was "converted" into a frijolie clone like the bikes Mark posted .This is the 3rd one we've seen this year .Still no answer but it's a really cool design .:thumbsup:

slam49

cool thanks fellas..

i'm not for sure but this might be a clue, on both of the hand grips it says BIRD, heres some bad pics of that and the scribed in numbers behind the trees..i couldn't get my camera to focus on the right thing

WHY try to make it a Taco? :eek:ut: It's more rare as is. :eek:ut:

I found one a few months back but forgot the name of it. Maybe I can find it for you.

george3

a member cut that center bar off to make it look like another brand. Looks better with out it. but the idea is to keep it oem. You dont see that bike often, or almost never. rare find, keep it that way. just clean it up and paint it.

awsome, thanks for all the insite guys! i guess we'll chalk this one up as an "unknown".

the old man said he got it when he was a kid in the early to mid 60's, and i got to hear some of the stories from then, which was cool..

as George3 said, i'm gonna just clean it up it needs wheel bearings and stuff, blast it paint it and throw an old flathead 5 briggs on it, that i have stashed away

i'll try to make a new thread when i get further along thanks again

awsome, thanks for all the insite guys! i guess we'll chalk this one up as an "unknown".

the old man said he got it when he was a kid in the early to mid 60's, and i got to hear some of the stories from then, which was cool..

as George3 said, i'm gonna just clean it up it needs wheel bearings and stuff, blast it paint it and throw an old flathead 5 briggs on it, that i have stashed away

i'll try to make a new thread when i get further along thanks again
Yes, keep it stock! It's probably the bike Taco copied though many had similar shapes as well (Pre Taco)

thats crazy, that add is from Tulsa OK...thats where i'm from and the bike, did you notice that GTO, before you put the add up?

its also the same time frame this would have been purchaced

delray

rare bike to see slam49:thumbsup: thats only the second one i have seen posted. the first one posted was cut up and made into something else:hack:

welcome aboard.............is the big oil man still standing tulsa
did you get to see the 1957 Belvedere:doah:look real rusted

thanks.....yeah the oil man is still looking out over tulsa, must be a great view.

i didn't go see the belvedere, my dad talked about that thing all my life and it was all over the news and such, so i did see it just not in person...what a piece of crap that turned out to be....to bad the technology wan't a little better back then, it would have been great to pull a brand new 50 year old car out of a hat haha