what is it?

The tank looks like a Gemini, but I can not find a frame that looks the same. Also the motor side cover has chaparral on it. I know chaparral dipped in to the mini bike market, but I didn't think they made anything this small.

Also there is no indentation in the tank for the SST emblem to go. and the front forks have a coil spring.

Last edited:

markus

was that engine physically bolted onto the bike when you got it? if not have you tried to bolt it up and does it fit the mounts :shrug:

It was my dad's bike before he passed away. The motor has been with it for as long as I remember, I did hold it up to the frame and the mounts do line up. Every Maverick I have researched have different forks than this one does. The frame on the Maverick is like a "v" from under the tank and seat, this one doesn't. :shrug:

markus

It was my dad's bike before he passed away. The motor has been with it for as long as I remember, I did hold it up to the frame and the mounts do line up. Every Maverick I have researched have different forks than this one does. The frame on the Maverick is like a "v" from under the tank and seat, this one doesn't. :shrug:

I have a hard time believing that that engine will fit in that frame, the angles of the cradle alone woud not work unless there is some more bracketry not shown, not to mention the tab in the center top :shrug:

I agree though its not a maverick. while its not, it looks more like a cousin to a rockford chibi than the mav/gemini's:

There are a couple of triangle brackets and I assumed they were for the top flange.
I could be wrong and didn't take my time holding in place to make sure the top brackets lined up. I could be way off with the motor.
He also has an old coleman 5.3 with the sachs, and that motor is out of the bike as well, but I know that the sachs goes with the coleman. so taking the Chaparral out of the equation, I still cant find a frame that matches this one. Sorry for the confusion. I am not by the bike, I am gong to have my brother check it out tomorrow, and hopefully we can figure it out.

Last edited:

markus

rettus, I think I found a close candidate :shrug: One of those pesky French Canadians might have snuck it over the border

Best I can do for pics, its off an ended ebay listing, 3rd one down, Le' mini trail:laugh::

Its a Taiwan made import so it could have been badged differently and sold under another name or "company" too.