what is the difference

trinik7597

hey OldMiniBikes , i am trying to come up with an economical drag engine and was wondering what is the difference between the animal and an intek 900 series 205cc ? are there upgrade parts available for the intek ? are these engines based on the same platform ? is the gov. removed from the animal from the factory ? any input or opinions on this or if someone has done this please chime in thank you

CarPlayLB

Animals are meant to go fast and the Intek is made to run at approx 3600rpm

The Animal has no governor, a carb that is meant to run at different rpm's, a good flywheel and PVL ignition, and a better cam...probably more compression too. I think the Animal is one of the best values out there. They can be had for about $500 for Local Option (LO 206). I believe the ignition will limit it to 6200 rpm. Add a header and air filter and you have a dead nuts reliable motor that starts every time and runs great. I have one with a TAV2 on a Murray Track 2...It will pull the front wheel at 15mph! If you can afford the Animal...get it.
By the time you fix up the other engine or a clone, you will be at that amount of money or more

trinik7597

thanks carplay I really do not want to go the predator clone route . time is kind of short so I was thinking plug and play that would be the animal :thumbsup: why the lo206 is that the best one to get ? can that be modified in the future to make it even faster?