What is this bracket for? (Lil' Indian Sabre)

I am piecing together a Lil' Indian Sabre and am curiousa what this bracket is for. It's on the RH side of the swingarm and had a cable feurrle and a switch on it. I am curious what the other two holes were for. Anyone have a picture of this area on a complete bike? The first picture is with the bracket as found and the second is after blastin to get a better view of it.

Thanks.

LK

It would have had a disk. I don't have a photo, I think jesse has one of them, maybe he could hook you up with a photo? Is the pivot rod tight in the swing arm?

It would have had a disk. I don't have a photo, I think jesse has one of them, maybe he could hook you up with a photo? Is the pivot rod tight in the swing arm?
Are you talking about the two little slugs that go into the tube? It almost looks like they are knurled. Are they supposed to bolt tight and then the swingarm piviots on the two slugs? If so, How would you keep them from turning when you tighten the bolts? - To answer your question, Yes they are tight, as in frozen. Took me a week to get the fork legs out of the tubes. Soaking nightly with PB blaster finally did the trick.

LK

Yes, thats solid stock and it runs through the tubing, the entire length. Each end of it is threaded. I have drilled holes in the bottom of the swing arm and then soaked in PB, then heat and repeat. The last one I did I cut a slit in the bottom of the tubing and that helped shave some time from the process. It needs, well it really should be freed up, that way when the swing arm is bolted tight it can still "swing".. Once you have it hot you can drop a drift down inside of the threaded hole and pound on the drift, use a piece of 7/8
.095 tubing as your anvil and you can pound the pivot down through that piece of tubing. I've done a few, and practically destroyed a couple swing arms in the process but the method described seems to work with out messing anything up. Everyone I've done has been a major PITA but when it's done and you bolt up the swing arm, and it's nice and smooth you will realize it was worth it. :thumbsup:
This one is not from a Little Indian but it's the same deal.

Well, i got the shaft out. I took it to work and put a cap screw in one end of it and took a chunk of steel and put a .650" hole through it and put it in a hydraulic press. It was not budging and all of the sudden - BAM!!! - It let loose, Moved about 1/4" - Then I kept pushing and it did it again and I got it so the cap screw was flush and I tried putting a spacer on top of the cap screw but the press is wore out and it kept tipping.

I brought it home and now there was a little room on the one end so I filled it with PB blaster and let it soak for an hour. I took the block with the hole and set the protruding (1/2") through it and a 2 lb hammer and beat that thing out of there, Man - that sucker was stuck. I plan on blasting the shaft and taking a dowel with some emery cloth and run through it. Hopefully if I grease it I won't have to go through that again. Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

I am asumeing that this is what the complete setup looks like. Any idea what the diameter is on that sprocket?

Is this caliper available anywhere?

LK

Last edited:
lil Indian Saber braker caliber

LK- Found a source for lil indian original mb parts from a guy in upstate N.Y. His Em address 'mbman@juno.com'. His name is Bob. he still has the brake calibers.

Bill1

LK- Found a source for lil indian original mb parts from a guy in upstate N.Y. His Em address 'mbman@juno.com'. His name is Bob. he still has the brake calibers.

Bill1
Sounds like he is going to re-pop them but they are not done yet. $100.00 for the caliper.

I'll go another route. I'm just building a driver for the kids.

LK

Sounds like he is going to re-pop them but they are not done yet. $100.00 for the caliper.

I'll go another route. I'm just building a driver for the kids.

LK
Hey guys sorry to bring up an old thread but, does anyone know if he has started re-popping these? I am in need of a caliper for a Sabre and would rather have the correct one if I can get it.

I guess I'll call him when I get a chance and see. I'll post what I find out.