What is this Tillotson off of?

Hey: I got this old tillotson
carb off of a lausen 3hp it worked all right until gas started pouring out the air filter. the float was made of cork and just disintergrated anyways it is stamped ML7A and has brass fittings. Does anybody have a clue where it came off of? Is it worth rebuilding? thanks
I know even less about the float type tillotsons, I do know you should probably replace the float and kit the thing, it sounds like the float is saturated and not letting the needle seat properly. There are parts suppliers on the web for tillotsons. Good luck!:thumbsup:

Hey: I got this old tillotson
carb off of a lausen 3hp it worked all right until gas started pouring out the air filter. the float was made of cork and just disintergrated anyways it is stamped ML7A and has brass fittings. Does anybody have a clue where it came off of? Is it worth rebuilding? thanks
They were used on lots of small engines from Lauson to Johnson boat motors and everything else back in the 40's and 50's.. There was quite a few of that kind of basic body style.. The old Whizzer engines from the Schwinn bikes used one a lot like that. If it's the one they used it's a pretty high dollar part.. :thumbsup:

have to agree with restore kid I have tried it also theses carbs on 4 strokes do not work well they have a pump in them that also runs the needle valve if you look on the flange where it bolts to the engine you'll see a small hole thats for crankcase vacum to run the pump without it it will not get enough fuel and an external won't work becouse of the way the needelvalve needs the internal pump diafram to operate the needel valve correctly if you take it apart you will see what I mean
Just an update on the post you authored above, Many Tillotsons have the valve of which you speak and an expert IMO here on the site said that model was used on karts as well. He said and I've seen that they sell manifolds with a port and groove to adress the valve by pulling vaccum through it, I will have to kit it and run a pump but it'll work great on a 3.5 to 5hp stock briggs if tuned properly! It's going to Korndog soon for a makeover and will see some action this springsummer on my trailhorse!:thumbsup: