What is this worth?

I left for a year over this exact same reason. I was so excited when I first joined. I paid money. Then I saw the rude responses to people who were just trying to join the community. I read this post and had flashbacks. No reason to be an anus to people who want to be your friend. If you are a anus acting person, that does not make people want to hang around. I realize if you have rules like the one in question it is there to justify hurting others, but hey, it is in the rules.

See, this is the point. People that act like an anus do not think that they are. "It was funny, we all laughed at the handicapped person so it must be funny". It was not funny, it was mean and intended to belittle the person, and you succeeded. Great job, and you even found a rule that supports your action. Sad.
you thoroughly missed the point to having that rule. nobody on this site is an authority on
estimating what your stuff is worth. in addition, trolls come here trying to get uninformed
members to buy their junk at inflated prices.

"why can't i use tee's on the green? i want to, it's not fair"

when i join a club i generally read the club rules. do you read and obey traffic signs? like
"One Way" and "Speed Limit", those are rules. is it ok for you to speed because you want to
ignore that rule? it is evident to me that you joined this club and didn't bother to read the
rules. rules exist so a plurality of people can exist on a finite shared resource, like the roads
or a message board, without having it descend into chaos. if you do not like the rules go
find a club that has rules that you like.

i also don't think we need you to protect the weak and uniformed here. if i was one of those
weak and uninformed people you speak of i would find your comments insulting. why did you
assume those people are handicapped and not simply ignorant of the rules?

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
See, this is the point. People that act like an anus do not think that they are. "It was funny, we all laughed at the handicapped person so it must be funny". It was not funny, it was mean and intended to belittle the person, and you succeeded. Great job, and you even found a rule that supports your action. Sad.
You thought this was quite funny; would you care to explain why it wasn't offensive?

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-discussion/141022-don-metteauer-4.html#post1103363

You have no way of knowing what my intention was. If you think you're more intelligent than I am, understand that my IQ is in the top 0.25%, so you probably would be mistaken. Search my posts, then tell me what an asshole I am. I just searched them, myself; of the 500 posts that are accessible, over 100 of them were welcoming new members. Can you say that anywhere near 20% of your posts have been welcoming new members? Didn't think so. In other posts, I have helped people to post photos in their threads, locate parts, and otherwise try to be helpful. Some posts are just conversation, and I may make an occasional smartass remark, but it's just yanking someone's chain and/or an attempt at humor; granted, we do not all share the same sense of humor. You may not appreciate my sense of humor, but I may not care for your holier than thou attitude, but am I going to call you out on it? Well, yeah, I just did, because that is the point of this post. You may think you know someone's intention, but you don't; you can't. I was serious about searching my posts; do it; then, if you still think I'm an asshole, you're entitled to your opinion, but at least it will then be an informed opinion and not based on one post.

Right on cheezy !! When you want to know the value of something you usually go to an appraiser. An appraiser will give you an "approximate value" based on what he has seen other items like yours go for at recent auctions. Since we don't have any certified mini bike appraisers that I'm aware of; it only makes sense to do some investigating on your own and see what other items like yours have sold for recently.
Good point Ogy. There would be constant arguing if we were aloud to give a approximate value on a mini bike. Nobody is certified and as stated above, different areas bring different prices. It's worth what somebody is willing to pay. For instance, rare doesn't = money.

I want to be a mini bike appraiser. Where do I sign? Lol
If you answer "yes" to any of these....you are now an official appraiser from what I seen...lol
1) Have you at least flipped through one Hot Rod magazine in your lifetime?
2) Do you belong to 50 mini bike Facebook pages?
3) Have you been into mini bikes at least one month?
4) Instead of prices do you use phrases like "offer up...or "best offer"?
5) Do you have to rely on a friend of a friend for identification of a mini and they tell you wrong and you fight with the person who tells you the correct answer after you posted it it asking "what is it"?
6) Can you be an "online tough guy" with a battleship mouth and a row boat arse?
7) Believe everything you read on the internet?

capguncowboy

If you answer "yes" to any of these....you are now an official appraiser from what I seen...lol
5) Do you have to rely on a friend of a friend for identification of a mini and they tell you wrong and you fight with the person who tells you the correct answer after you posted it it asking "what is it"?
6) Can you be an "online tough guy" with a battleship mouth and a row boat arse?
OMG! I'm totally qualified!

MSPTREX

Oh my god lol I am dying over here! :laugh:

Davis

Excellent....now just send 99.95 to Cheezy1 and I will send your official certificate. :deal:
Ya hold up minute you also have to be in the top 0.25% iq as well. So we only have one qualified applicant as he is very knowledgeable on vintage minibikes.

Nope we’re all stupid . We should’ve bought stock in Coleman and predator we would’ve been rich by now.
Or invest in semicolons used in dependent clauses. More money there, MENSA membership not required.

Seriously, YOU TOO can be a "Certified Appraiser." It's a three day course. A FULL THREE DAYS. That's just to be "certified." If you want to have a "Degree" in Appraising, you'll need an additional two business seminars, OR a class on Business Math and Accounting.

? Certified Vehicle Appraising?

And I wasn't going to post in another OldMiniBikes drama thread. :devil2:

Ya hold up minute you also have to be in the top 0.25% iq as well. So we only have one qualified applicant as he is very knowledgeable on vintage minibikes.
Man, I knew that would bite me in the ass, but I left it in there anyway. :laugh: The guy was implying that he knows more about me than I do; I was a bit irritated and was trying to make a point that he doesn't.

Or invest in semicolons used in dependent clauses. More money there, MENSA membership not required.

Seriously, YOU TOO can be a "Certified Appraiser." It's a three day course. A FULL THREE DAYS. That's just to be "certified." If you want to have a "Degree" in Appraising, you'll need an additional two business seminars, OR a class on Business Math and Accounting.

? Certified Vehicle Appraising?

And I wasn't going to post in another OldMiniBikes drama thread. :devil2:
Semicolons are the best, aren't they? I rejected my Mensa invitation; a bit too pretentious for me. You strike me as a person who would decline membership, too, Dave. I know you're a freakin' genius; you make me look up more words than all the other members, combined. I'm actually a bit disappointed that you didn't use any ten-dollar words, here; maybe next time...

Last edited:
Ok I stopped reading the thread a couple posts in... You cant put a price on anything here because you will never be right. Two identical items on ebay can be hundreds of dollars apart. Someone may be tallying up the value of the parts and giving you that price while someone gives you the value of what they would like to pay opposed to what they would sell one for. Depending on what valuable parts are missing will affect value. Have you ever tried to grade a dollar bill or comic book? Same item but condition is everything for price. Guides are just guides they mean nothing. Just like opinions. An item might sell on ebay for $25 because it ended on a weekday at noon but get relisted and sell for $250 because it ended 8:30 pm on a Sunday night. The seller see’s everyone asking for one amount but doesn’t realize they sold it for a much lower amount... So if you dont like the rules then leave. Don’t whine. Go to one of the other sites where they give you opinions on values.... Nobody cares. Theyre just mini bikes.