what next

i just got this bike from a freind.
my son couldn't wait to put it together.
but i'm not sure how it all goes.
either the rear wheel is on backwards or it should have a jack shaft.
and i don't know what to do with the brakes.
it also needs an engine i have a line on a 4hp with a clutch but nothing yet.
and i got some spare parts with it don't know if they go with it or not.
thanks in advance for any advice.

not sure if any of this stuff fits it maybe a tensioner?

What you have is a Trail Horse minibike. The wheel is on correct. It would have had a jackshaft (chain from clutch to shaft with sprocket on one side, other side of shaft with sprocket and chain going to rear wheel)
This can be found on ebay.

The brake is a band type. You would use a hand lever to pull a cable that pulls a band around the drum mounted on the left side of the wheel. Most of the parts you would need you can find in the OldMiniBikes warehouse. Otherwise you can find them on ebay. Looks like you might be missing the bracket for the band brake. Member "Yellowhand" has made some of them in the past. You can check with him.

The extra parts you got don't go with the bike except maybe for the headlight.

Very nice bike! :thumbsup:

Kenny1

There is also a jackshaft plate kit on OldMiniBikes Warehouse. On the same page are a few different length shafts to chose from. If your going to put a 4hp engine on it you might want to put a 13 tooth sprocket on the clutch side of the jackshaft and a 10 tooth on the other. This will improve the bottom end performance with the smaller engine. As far as the extra parts you got with the bike. None of it looks like it came from that bike. Aside from an engine and jackshaft there isn't much else you need to do to ride it. Oh....brakes! A band on the clutch is a simple and very effective way of slowing things down. A complete kit can be had at Allied Leisure. Nice bike by the way! :thumbsup:

thanks guys.
im not sure on the motor yet found that 4hp on CL but no responce yetthere are some others that one was 40 bucks and it had a clutch.
are there any motors to stay away from?

joekd

you can say that again.

what are little brothers for

coasting
That's awesome, when we were working on my son's first kart I remember tying a rope to it and pulling him around the neighborhood, probably hit a top speed of like 1 MPH but he was smiling ear to ear

found some more parts the green peice looks like part of the brake setup

wish i could get the engine there are all kinds of parts i got a jar with rod and a piston another carb all kinds of stuff.