What RUPP is this? Engine HS50-67204D

Hello! I've had this RUPP minibike for about 20 years. I'm moving and have to "downsize" :-(

I'd like to know what model this is and find the right person that might want to buy it so it finds a good home!

I tried posting a picture but got "too many links" and the post was forbidden. . it had 2 links to 2 pictures that I put in the photo gallery. . I'll try 1 and maybe this'll work! (didn't work. . still "forbidden". I went right to the photo gallery and it automatically inserted the hyperlink. . .guess it doesn't like it's own code!)

Engine ID is HS50-67204D and serial number I found was 2098. It has 12" wheels. I found something online that said only 1 model was produced with the HS50 engine but the picture didn't look like what I have?

Thanks in advance for any help or direction!

capguncowboy

Rupp never made a bike with an HS50 on it, at least not to my knowledge.

The serial starting with 2 would indicate it's either 1982 or 1972, but Tecumseh didn't start production on the HS50 until 1973, so I'm gonna say it's a 1982. Rupp stopped producing mini bikes by 1975

EDIT: You can't add pictures (links) until you've had a few more posts. Make a few here and you should be good to go.

Hey Capguncowboy! Wow. .that was fast. . awesome and THANKS! I'd really like to post a picture cause, you know what they say about pictures! Anyway, this is a quote from a RUPP website I found. . .

"1973 The last bike to be designed by the master mind and original owner of Rupp Industries. What a bike he created! The SS-5. A small cycle, equal in size to the RMT-80 but featuring a Tecumseh HS50 and TC-1 drive system. Alloy front forks, alloy wheel hubs, silver in color with red/white/blk accenting decals. This was the only large frame Tecumseh powered bike built by Rupp. Only Rupp to use the HS50 engine."

Again. . .I don't think mine looks exactly like the one I saw. . once I can post some pictures I'll post the picture of what I found and what I actually have. . .

If it IS a 1973 or 1982 Rupp, where's the place to post it for sale? I don't want to post a rare "beauty" on just any Craigslist site! I used to race Motocross and appreciate vintage bikes. . .don't want this gem to go to just anyone. . thanks again!!!

Hello! I've had this RUPP minibike for about 20 years. I'm moving and have to "downsize" :-(
I cant imagine owning a motorcycle for twenty years, and not knowing what it is.

To Capgun's credit, the SS-5 is not considered a mini bike, and it came with much larger rims than 12", which is why he responded on the engine like he did. A 12" rim Rupp would have had an HS40, not an HS50.

Thus, there is an excellent chance your Rupp is not a "rare beauty," or even a "gem" with a transplanted power plant of a later vintage. But as you said, a picture is worth....probably less than you think.

markus

Looking at you pictures I would say you have a little heinz 57 going on. Pics aren't clear enough but I think that engine is blend of parts. The shroud is incorrect for the bike for sure....but that engine number is interesting! (it has nothing to do with Rupp though)

If the bike retains the bulk of its original parts it probably isn't much later than a 1972 because of the sprocket, If the tires are both marked Rupp and the grips are standard waffle grips its a possibility that it originally was a JC Penney sold model called a Swinger Trail. With so many original things missing and paint overs/repairs that it shows its really hard to get an exact.

BTW the engine numbers shown are 1982, the 672** engine numbers did not show up till after 1980 (production on the HS50 started during 1972-parts listing were issued march of 1972) I'd love to see better shots of the engine at the intake and exhaust bolt up's and front side at the shroud cut out (where you can see the flywheel and the wiring right near it. It Appears to have an HS40 intake on it which leads me to believe that the engine may be a mish-mash of parts...very interesting parts though:detective:

Thanks for the responses you guys! Markus: You were able to see the pictures. . great! I'll get some more detailed shots of the sections that you asked about and post them in the same place.

2nd question: Where's the best place to post this for sale and what do you think a fair price would be? Thanks again :)

capguncowboy

Where's the best place to post this for sale and what do you think a fair price would be? Thanks again :)
We don't give values here. Not a personal thing, it's a forum rule. You can sell it wherever -- there are mini bike guys in every town and they'll find it, even if it gets posted on Craigslist or the like. If it's something they're interested in, they'll even drive a few hours to get it.

Post up a picture when you get a chance.

Awesome. . .thanks again! Classifieds would be perfect. And Markus: just posted more, higher-resolution and brighter pictures. . .keywords: Rupp Kenny. Thanks again!