What/where NOT to buy.

57lxi

Since I have been out of the mini-bike circle for 'bout 40 years, I need some guidance on who and where the better vendors are for my Taco 44 resurrection project. As it stands now, it needs a seat, throttle, wheel and jackshaft bearings, rear sprocket and tires/tubes. I don't know how well the clutch works that came on the old engine till I get it running. I would like to buy new wheels for it once its running, mostly 'cause the ones on it are pretty ugly. Shocks are in pretty bad shape but should hang till its back together. Lucky for me, funding is not a big issue for this project.:smile:

tomsprops

Again Photo's ! The seats are EZ get them from Kenny. Sprockets are gonna be harder. Jackshaft parts are still produced by azusa and can be foud anywhere. Tires are your choice, I like the QA50 style. Wheels, let's see what you have ? They might belong on the Taco.Here's some seats from Kenny.

57lxi

Yup, thats what I want mine to look like. The rig I have has the tubular swing arms and the low mount front springs. And yes, I do want a seat. I would like to get it "simi" custom with less foam 'cause the the grandkid is vertically challenged. I am liking that rear sprocket/drum brake set up. The PO that had my rig set it up with a scrub brake which I think is better for the kid right now. The alum rims are a great touch as are the polished clutch covers.

As I took it apart this weekend, I found that famous Taco Purple under some of the washers. My wife did not share my excitement.:eek:ut: She was curious why I have pushed this project ahead of my DT400 rebuild."This is a Taco", I replied with much excitement, "the 400 can wait".:thumbsup:

Yes, I am keeping a photographic log and will share with all when this rig is up and running. I figure two months tops and it will be puttin around the neighborhood.:scooter:

tomsprops

The round swingarms are very rare ! You could have a Taco66 there ! Have you found the frame ID #'s yet ? Look down behind the eng plate on the bottom Left frame rail .Dont be afraid to scrape the old paint away. Hopefully they didn't get Jacked when the scrub brake was added . The rims and sprockets are original Taco for my Models shown. I hope you have the originals as well. It would be worth cleaning them up if they are .You can find the chain adjusters on ebay.
Post some Photo's now ,so we can see what you have !