what will 26 pound springs do to my head?

i was looking at getting nr-racing.coms Stainless Steel Valve Package #1 and their Camshaft 280-0207. along with chromoly push rods and a minkuni
im just wondering how long my head will survive with such heavy springs

125ccCrazy

I just ordered thier new 285 0607 cam and 26 lb springs, ss valves ect.. This cam should sound pretty wild with 250 duration...

Are you running a billet rod and flywheel??..if not I'd suggest a billet rod at least if your gonna put a bigger cam and run more rpms..

PS save yourself some money and get the mikuni off ebay for around $30, same thing these places sell for twice as much..

Last edited:
The 26 lb springs will no effect on the head as far as wear or reliability. They are a bit hard on the rocker arms and will break stock rocker arms over time. That is why reinforced, billet, and rollers are made. However the 26 lb are not as bad as the other ones (30 lbs and greater) and lot of people have good luck with them, esp the cryo ones, just changing once or twice a season.

The 26 lb springs will not cause any additional wear on a welded cam. They may cause extra wear on the cheaper (i.e. $50) non welded cams.

NR-Racing.com