what would be the best way to make this work?

Hey everyone.

I recently got what used to be a Razor mini electric chopper. I have everything but electronics, and I want to make it gas.

Here is a link to what one of these look like. the frame is all metal, is quite cool looking. I dentical to this one but blue.
http://c520391.r91.cf2.rackcdn.com/477252129590044537eae4

Anyone done this to one of these?
A recomendation of a small engine for it?

Doing this for my nephew, trying to do it with out spending alot on it.

Thanks
George

I have one in blue, and I got a old pocket bike, and plan on using that to build it. I am just going to remove all the electric, and put the 49cc engine, wheel, and controls on it. I think it will work fine, for the kids.

That is my goal as well, just something for the kids. I need a pocket bike rear wheel and axle, sprocket, and a engine I guess. Anyone got anything? Or best place to get something?

zeeman

Whewww, that's going to be quite a bit of work it seems. You might end up spending a lot less money just finding an old minibike to fix up, or even a newer Doodlebug. You can post a Wanted ad on here and see what you come up with for parts if you are dead set on keeping the frame etc. It does not look very strong though. I bet it would involve a lot of welding and fitting. Welcome, and keep us posted on what you do.

Mac

That is my goal as well, just something for the kids. I need a pocket bike rear wheel and axle, sprocket, and a engine I guess. Anyone got anything? Or best place to get something?
You might check out Tzi's Scooterworld on the Internet, he's got lots of homebuilt stuff to see.

....I just purchased the scooter below for $40, and although it takes off real nice, it still ain't no mini.

The luggage box is already gone.