What would you do?

Well my recently aquired Arctic Cat mini didnt come with a engine.. I found out it is suppose to have a Tecumseh hs40 engine. Here is my problem.. I've tried to find one with out any luck at all. What would you guys and gals do? Would you keep looking? Buy a bigger engine? Please help.. Ohh I want to try to keep it as original as possible so I think that is my answer.. Just curious as to all of your thoughts also!

MNGB

You could find a HS50(snowblower engine) and install it near the same size readily available at reasonable prices. Just make sure that the 5 hp has a 3/4" crankshaft.:scooter:

Ive been watching ebay and noticed that also.. Im not in a huge hurry for it so I have time.. Just to bad that these are so hard to find! I will also keep my eyes open for a HS50. Thanks for that input guys

MNGB

I see a number of the 5 hp snowblower engines on craigslist rom time to time most want more hp now days for the snowblowers, I got a great running 5 hp for the Heald Trail Bronc for $65.00
GB in MN

Sieve

My HS50 came off of a rototiller and had a 3/4 inch shaft and 3/16 keyway.
From my experience most Snoblower engines have larger shafts. Hope this info helps