whats a good throttle to go with?

hi, its been a while since i last posted but i have been haveing some trouble with my minibike throttle. its the classic waffle type throttle that has the metal internals and the chrome housing. i got it on ebay for about $25 like a year ago. but now its starting to act up. i went to take it for a ride one day when i noticed that the whole throttle started slipping(not the grip but the whole thing). there was also a lot of resistance in the throttle so it took a really heavy spring to get the throttle to return on it's own and was a little difficult to pull. my solution was to get tape and put a little on the inside of the grip(just where the edge contacts the bars) it worked for a few days but it started slipping again. so what is a good replacement throttle. i hear cherry brands are good. and also Odeon. or maybe an expensive dirtbike/pitbike trottle would work well? i just want to know your recommended throttle grip/ setup is. thatnks for you help!!! :smile::scooter::smile::scooter:

I think you either have a kink or dirt/corrosion in the cable housing. If it worked fine initially then it has to be that. It is rotating on the handlebar because the inner cable is binding on the housing, so the twist force you are applying has to go somewhere. Take the cable off and softly secure it in a vise. Then pull the inner part back and forth, it should move freely. If not check for kinks. No kinks then pull out the inner and clean it. Douche the housing heavily with WD40 using the tube adapter. This will clean out the inside. Then lubricate with a dry chain lube.
Hope this helps.
Fred

I think you either have a kink or dirt/corrosion in the cable housing. If it worked fine initially then it has to be that. It is rotating on the handlebar because the inner cable is binding on the housing, so the twist force you are applying has to go somewhere. Take the cable off and softly secure it in a vise. Then pull the inner part back and forth, it should move freely. If not check for kinks. No kinks then pull out the inner and clean it. Douche the housing heavily with WD40 using the tube adapter. This will clean out the inside. Then lubricate with a dry chain lube.
Hope this helps.
Fred
ok, its all good now! thanks