What's for dinner

As we age life takes it's revenge on our body's. I remember seeing films where the old men would come down with the Gout in their feet a very painful affliction to deal with.
I have been feeling pain in my left big toe for a few days and I know I haven't had an injury so off to the computer and goggle up a vast confusion of information on what to and not to eat and drink to relieve this condition. and of course everything that you like is paramount in the no can do list of food and drink.
Asking if anyone has now or has dealt with gout. Hoping to correct this by diet modifications. But being diabetic and obese men lead the pack in candidates. All help will be grand.
Steve :scooter:

buckeye

Yep, justcwhat Gumpit posted.

There are a couple meds you can take orally. Indocin.
If that doesn't do it, then we inject the affected joint wheather it be the toe , ankle, are upper extremity joints. :thumbsup:

Red Meat

It is just so surprising that they say white meat is better and like Chicken the legs and thighs are better than the Breast meat and skin. And Tuna is not a good choice or sardines. So what can I do with 15 cans of tuna and 3 or 4 tins of sardines. Sure not cut and dry as what to do.

It is just so surprising that they say white meat is better and like Chicken the legs and thighs are better than the Breast meat and skin. And Tuna is not a good choice or sardines. So what can I do with 15 cans of tuna and 3 or 4 tins of sardines. Sure not cut and dry as what to do.
The Restore Kid has cats!

Hope the pain is manageable Uncle Steve.
Marlene's mom cut back on her protein intake . Drinks 2litres of water a day and drinks an alkaline powder.
Good luck n be safe

Well I know there is no excuse for not drinking lots of water. Here in Portland we have all our water comes from the Bull Run reservoir and it just tastes great. I never have ever bought bottled water like so many people hyped up on things like that but I need to give myself a supply in my van and do a better job.
Lots of good information here and on the net I just have to pay more attention.

I had severe pain in my feet 5 years ago and couldn't figure out what it was. Doc says Gout...yep drink lots of water, cherry juice, and take these pills Allopurinol. I take one a day and have never looked back. I get a flare-up maybe once a year but not as bad as before. I too am a diabetic and have had no trouble at all. this is all caused by too much uric acid in your body. The doc at first also gave me pills that killed it right away to ease the pain. I don't remember the name of them. I don't drink often maybe three or four times a year and just a couple of beers. I know how painful this can be but it can be controlled easily.

As we age life takes it's revenge on our body's. I remember seeing films where the old men would come down with the Gout in their feet a very painful affliction to deal with.
I have been feeling pain in my left big toe for a few days and I know I haven't had an injury so off to the computer and goggle up a vast confusion of information on what to and not to eat and drink to relieve this condition. and of course everything that you like is paramount in the no can do list of food and drink.
Asking if anyone has now or has dealt with gout. Hoping to correct this by diet modifications. But being diabetic and obese men lead the pack in candidates. All help will be grand.
Old people.........and their freakin' parents.