What's wrong with my motor

Ok so I bought a hemi predator, I put a pipe and a 22 mikuni carb kit on it, the bike takes off great and pulls really good but it tops out at about 45-50 then it just dies and won't pull anymore, the jets that are in my carb are 130 main and 12.5 piolet, also the carb is running lean, and my gearing is 12/62, what do uou guys think it is? Could it be my valves floating

Did you put in a new rod and flywheel? Heavier springs? If not they are probably floating.
No the springs are stock I haven't messed with them , but with these hemi predators the rockers are different, how do I put the spring in these motors, I can put them in gx200s but never tried these

I'm not doing anything big just prolly putting springs in it not a cam or any thing my other motor had no gov and it lasted 5 years and it's still running great
You're riding around with a bomb. Have you ever seen a flywheel explode? A hunk of aluminum striking you at several hundred feet per second is gonna be pretty nasty.

Get the billet rod & flywheel. That way your engine won't blow & waste all of your money, time, and your nutsack (and pieces of your leg).

..............valve float that's why u put big daddy spring in!....then you will blow that motor up cause I'm assuming if u didn't put bigger springs in then you didn't put a new rod in? :doah:

Here's the thing when you rev your motor up...really high ya know when ur flying down the road.....picture this, inside your engine your Piston connecting rod is bumping back an forth real fast and it's weak as hell....pretty scary ,,, Dude even with a Billet rod in MY motor I picture the rod an it makes me nervous lol imagine it flying threw your block then into your nuts, or face..or where ever while ur going 45 mph... Good luck walking away:thumbsup:

Trust...when you build up a motor correctly, then blast threw the streets on it.. Feels good! Lol as long as you don't cut corners take your time remember ur gunna be riding it!

I understand times are tough all around the world, but when you build these things don't you budget for the flywheel and rod as part of the build?

My small engine of choice is 9/10 a clone but I wouldn't entertain the thought of running one without the govener minus these parts specially for a gx200 clone they are very very cheap insurance.

Coxy.

Listen I have a gx200 that ran great on my bike with no gov and it had 18lb springs the bike did 58 in the 1/8th and it still is running strong after 5 years of racing and it's never blew or had any problems, the only motor ive had blow what's beacuse a bolt came out the side cover and leaked out ally oil

Listen I have a gx200 that ran great on my bike with no gov and it had 18lb springs the bike did 58 in the 1/8th and it still is running strong after 5 years of racing and it's never blew or had any problems, the only motor ive had blow what's beacuse a bolt came out the side cover and leaked out ally oil
You can't fight the rule of the governor. It is ban worthy.

oldfatguy

please promise to post picture of your stiches from where they sewed your boys back on so that other new members here can learn from your mistake and listen to the warnings that more experienced members have given them.