Wheel to sprocket spacers.

Oldyellow

Those look like the real deal. I’ll get ahold of John and ask him to send me a picture. Thanks. Are you getting caught up on your projects Karen? I need a nice seat for a 5000 and a 400

Folks, this might sound like a simple suggestion but couldn't one just measure then cut tube/pipe/gaspipe to make these spacers? As long as the inside diameter is correct for the bolts to be used. Seems like a simple fix to me.

Folks, this might sound like a simple suggestion but couldn't one just measure then cut tube/pipe/gaspipe to make these spacers? As long as the inside diameter is correct for the bolts to be used. Seems like a simple fix to me.
It is that simple , also most good hardware stores sell the 5/8 I.D. bushing in up to 1-1/2" length.

Chipper; I'm sure you meant to say 3/8". That aside, the only caveat here is to be sure those wheel spacers are all as close as possible in length. Another suggestion might be to get a length of 3/8 I.D. pipe and bring it to a machine shop and have them make the cuts. Cutting these on a lathe would not only insure the dimensional accuracy, but give you a much finer (and flatter) finished surface, where these things sit against the wheel and sprocket.
I've had some pipe cut like this in the past. It's amazing how nicely finished the ends come out. Dead square, as well as a nice little bit of "rounding" on the outer edges. I wouldn't be reticent when it comes to spending a few bucks on these. Keep in mind; you'll only do it once. My 2, I guess.

It is that simple , also most good hardware stores sell the 5/8 I.D. bushing in up to 1-1/2" length.
Well I can't see why it couldn't be that simple. Like Sunnyknoll mentioned, make certain they're all equal in length ( don't want wobbly sprockets), make sure the wall of the pipe is sufficient and get at it. We're not dealing with high h.p. here. I've used a thin cut-off wheel on my grinder to cut pipe then squared the ends ( if they needed it) on my 12" disc sander. Worked great.

Just another one: If you know somebody with a bandsaw, that might be another alternative. Clamping a "stop" to the saw table could help in achieving a constent length. To maintain as close to square as possible, you'd want to cut with very little down pressure. Don't ask me how I know. (ha)

Oldyellow

Hi guys. The issue is not the bushings. The issue is the correct bushings. I’m trying to restore a 60 year old bike to its original state. The picture shown is of two of four proper bushings. I need or would like to find two vintage correct bushings as per the photo. I’ve had countless bushings made at a machine shop out of beautiful stainless steel ... not the same.

@ OldYellow
Now i understand your dilemma wanting the correct bushings. I do like your Stainless Steel bushings tho!

Cuz I was thinking a pipe cutter will do an amazing job, not to mention for snap rings in round stock like Jack Shafts...

Hi guys. The issue is not the bushings. The issue is the correct bushings. I’m trying to restore a 60 year old bike to its original state. The picture shown is of two of four proper bushings. I need or would like to find two vintage correct bushings as per the photo. I’ve had countless bushings made at a machine shop out of beautiful stainless steel ... not the same.
Ah, got it. Makes perfect sense. I'll bet someone somewhere has a few squirreled away. Good luck with your search !

Measure and cut to fit .