Where To Get A Honda Engine For My Mini?

Hi,
I have an older mini for my kids that has an older engine that is a constant problem. So I'm done with taking my kids out to the Dez only to have that mini fail us. I'll save the old engine although it's not original. But I want a Honda for the bike so my kids can use it without any issues. My Honda mower never misses a beat. My Honda power washer never misses a beat. My Honda motorcycles are always ready. When you my wife and I both had Honda cars that were bombproof. And so forth. Not inclined to buy a China clone and am happy to pay a bit more to thank Honda for investing in all the engineering to make this possible.
So where do I get a Honda engine with all the parts to just bolt right in to our mini?
I'll handle all the size problems and bolt pattern problems and the rest. Just need to know who is the go to company for this.
Thanks!
Pat

Why are you "... not inclined to buy a China clone."? My son and I are old Briggs and Tecumseh "flatheads" guys , howwever, we also have had 2 bikes with the HF "Predator" engines which is also a "China clone" engine. At (only) $ 100.00 we have found them to be a great value and one of the most reliable engines we have ever had on any of our bikes - just saying...
Michael

Last edited:
Why are you "... not inclined to buy a China clone."? My son and I are old Briggs and Tecumseh "flatheads" guys , howwever, we also have had 2 bikes with the HF "Predator" engines which is also a "China clone" engine. At (only) $ 100.00 we have found them to be a great value and one of the most reliable engines we have ever had on any of our bikes - just saying...
Michael
It's not about the money for me. It's about the ethics and principles. A couple hundred dollars more won't change my lifestyle but knowingly buying stuff from a country that uses millions of people in slave labor and worse would be a problem for me.

mustangfrank

It's not about the money for me. It's about the ethics and principles. A couple hundred dollars more won't change my lifestyle but knowingly buying stuff from a country that uses millions of people in slave labor and worse would be a problem for me.
Kinda hard to stick to that principle when Honda has a small engine factory in China. 5 plants worldwide, their website does claim that engines for the US market are "primarily" sourced from the US, Japan and Thailand...no mention of individual parts.

desert rat

You know we have had this conversation before. As a retired ( 27 year) Honda employee I will defend my company. If you want parts from china you won't get them here. If you have one in your hand show me.

Honda produces small engines at 5 production facilities worldwide. Our production capacity is well over 7 million units. Engines for the U.S. market are primarily sourced from the U.S., Japan, and Thailand. For commercial use, Honda warranties the GX-series engines for 36 months and the GC engine for 3 months. GX-series engines are generally made in Thailand but GC-series engines are made in the USA (Swepsonville, North Carolina).Nov 6, 2015

I wasn't going there but don't dis MY company.

Kinda hard to stick to that principle when Honda has a small engine factory in China. 5 plants worldwide, their website does claim that engines for the US market are "primarily" sourced from the US, Japan and Thailand...no mention of individual parts.
Honda paid for all the development research and engineering and the rest. Most of the Honda engines used in the USA are made in the USA. People like you who buy crap from China (when you could simply buy the real thing made by good people who are our fellow Americans) are the worst among us here. The people making fake Hondas are simply thieves. If your morality lets you buy from thieves because you perceive some advantage for yourself in that then that is on you and I need to know nothing more about your character. In any case, you are simply offering nothing here that I do not already know. So either stay in your lane or find some other place to air your dirty laundry. No doubt your morality is exactly how manufacturing left the USA. Thanks for that!

minibikefever

I like to buy and sell older motorcycles when I can find them in my price range I have 2 in the garage now getting ready to go out and waiting to see if I grabbed another one in an auction ending soon I have no mechanical experience so I buy HONDAS because after 40 and 50 years they still run and they sell fast, people that like dependability like hondas, you can almost compare it to something being silver or being chrome, just a different class

desert rat

Honda paid for all the development research and engineering and the rest. Most of the Honda engines used in the USA are made in the USA. People like you who buy crap from China (when you could simply buy the real thing made by good people who are our fellow Americans) are the worst among us here. The people making fake Hondas are simply thieves. If your morality lets you buy from thieves because you perceive some advantage for yourself in that then that is on you and I need to know nothing more about your character. In any case, you are simply offering nothing here that I do not already know. So either stay in your lane or find some other place to air your dirty laundry. No doubt your morality is exactly how manufacturing left the USA. Thanks for that!

Please just stick to the facts and lets not go to a personal attack level. At least most people know that they are not getting the real thing , just don't try to flag it as a Honda unless it is.

mustangfrank

You know we have had this conversation before. As a retired ( 27 year) Honda employee I will defend my company. If you want parts from china you won't get them here. If you have one in your hand show me.

Honda produces small engines at 5 production facilities worldwide. Our production capacity is well over 7 million units. Engines for the U.S. market are primarily sourced from the U.S., Japan, and Thailand. For commercial use, Honda warranties the GX-series engines for 36 months and the GC engine for 3 months. GX-series engines are generally made in Thailand but GC-series engines are made in the USA (Swepsonville, North Carolina).Nov 6, 2015

I wasn't going there but don't dis MY company.
I was curious to find out where they were assembled so I visited their website. I quoted Honda to address the OPs comment of supporting "slave labor"...apparently Honda approves of the labor practices of China at least partially.

mustangfrank

Spoken like a typical asshat, reactionary illiterate. Try reading and doing your own research if you don't like responses on a public forum. Perhaps a cult would be more suitable for you, they rely on blind devotion.

desert rat

I was curious to find out where they were assembled so I visited their website. I quoted Honda to address the OPs comment of supporting "slave labor"...apparently Honda approves of the labor practices of China at least partially.
Have you gone far enough to figure out why production is done inside china? What is the tariff rate to import to china?? They are far less kind than our past government officials here. If I go much farther on this I risk being sent to the time out corner.

mustangfrank

Have you gone far enough to figure out why production is done inside china? What is the tariff rate to import to china?? They are far less kind than our past government officials here. If I go much farther on this I risk being sent to the time out corner.
It is time consuming enough trying to maintain the minimal Chinese content in my life.

Corporations are not my friends and I prefer to think for myself.