which exhaust pipe?

Hey guys
I just got my Honda 6.5hp clone mounted on an MTD trail flight...I removed the engines OEM gas tank and exhaust..as they wouldn't fit under the bikes seat. Anyway...I need a new exhaust the will come off the side port of the engine and go straight back under the bikes seat.

I see OldMiniBikes warhouse has a number of clone exhausts..but I am not sure which one to order...Can you guys help me out?????

Thanks
Dan

joekd

Yep - post some pictures.

This is what I used on my Puma 200 Trail Bike.

OldMiniBikes Warehouse Exhaust

Added a 3/4" x 8" pipe extension and coupler and it looks like this installed:

FYI - I tried this exact same setup on my warrior and it was hitting the rear tire, tried some creative bending but simply could not get it to sit right so it cleared the fender adn tire so I went with just the short header and muffler for now

Here is mine right now

Yep - he's going to have to post some pictures and probably take some measurements before anyone can come close to a recommendation that will fit his bike.

Ok..just snapped some photos with my phone..sorry they are a bit blurry, but you can see the measurements from the exhaust port, to under the seat and to the rear of the minibike

Ok..just snapped some photos with my phone..sorry they are a bit blurry, but you can see the measurements from the exhaust port, to under the seat and to the rear of the minibike
I would say the setup on my bike would work. Worst case, ya have to run the bike over to a muffler shop for a heat and bend a bit to make it work around the rear shock.

I'll get some measurements and more pictures from mine tonight for you.

Last edited:
One more question...I can't find the two nuts that go on the exhaust bolts...can anyone tell me the size, so I can pick up a couple at the hardware..are the 8mm, or ?????

Dan

Pictures and measurements are of this exhaust setup with a 8" x 3/4" black pipe extension and coupler.

OldMiniBikes Warehouse Exhaust

LH side view:

[/QUOTE]

Rear view:

Reference point on the engine used is the face of the empty bolt hole on the head that is just below the rear stud on the exhaust port.

View looking downward and aft from the engine. Pipe location is ~2.5" outward from the exhaust port and that clears the inside of the LH rear shock.