Which hole on HS50 carb for govener linkage?

markus

you have the wrong carb/arm, you have a carb setup for an H50. You can just swap the throttle arm out if you have the old carb and the throttle shaft is not toast.

markus

I do not have an old carb unfortunatly! What do I need to make it work? I ordered an HS50 carb that is on it now, is this not the correct one?
Nope, that is for "medium frame" H engine not a "small frame" HS the throttle arm on yours is for governor systems that pull the throttle open, The HS govenor linkages push it open. correct throttle shaft is #631667

On page 2 of this thread link below shows where I have used those an modified them for specific HS engines in the past, Photobucket pics, but I checked and they still appear to be there anyway.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/...lever-modification-hs40-2.html?highlight=carb

markus

Hmmm, I wonder if I drilled a new gov linkage hole on the other side of the throttle pivot arm, that should push correctly, no?
It should, but may not be able to get full movement out of it. Also if you try to rework it, be watchful that the linkage does not cause any sticking or tight spots/hang ups.....Sticking throttles suck!

Ok, making a new hole on the opposite side of the throttle arm worked! I think I need to adjust the gov linkage length since the one I have now is for a snow blower.