Whirlwind - Ken Bar?

Anyone know anything about a "Whirlwind" by Ken Bar? I found a 1988 that looks to be in pretty decent condition but can't find much about them! Would it be a good addition to my growing addiction? :)

We have a Whirlwind that we work on. Folks often say that they are fairly uncomfortable to ride. We turned bushings to raise the seat coils and the clown that rides it, loves it. Its got a scored cylinder wall H40 that is on it’s last legs. We added fold-down cruising foot pegs to accent the clown shoes. Georgia Iron, we like ours.
Cool bike,
Steve

MikeBear

I have a Ken-bar MB-6 minibike, which is the big brother to the Whirlwind. It's a great bike for an adult, and I'll never get rid of it. It'll haul me around at 38MPH, and with the x-trac tires they used, will practically climb a tree.

Last edited:
I like look of the bike..something different. could fit some short coilover shocks under the seat and run 4 lbs of tire pressure..:thumbsup:

I was able to get the aluminum backplate to barely clear the frame by raising the engine an inch with square steel tubing. Now I have a new problem - the 10 t sprocket on the pulley and the rear sprocket are not lined up correctly - the rear sprocket needs to come out about 1/4". How do people usually solve that? :)

Well..I'd say put spacer on axle to bring wheel over or spacer out the sprocket and use longer bolts...
The bolts that hold on the sprocket are welded to the plate so I guess I can try moving the wheel over. Does it matter if the front and rear tire aren't perfectly lined up? Thanks for the help!

MikeBear

I was able to get the aluminum backplate to barely clear the frame by raising the engine an inch with square steel tubing. Now I have a new problem - the 10 t sprocket on the pulley and the rear sprocket are not lined up correctly - the rear sprocket needs to come out about 1/4". How do people usually solve that? :)
Slot the square tubing bolt holes where it bolts on the bottom plate, and move the engine over until the sprockets line up.