Whisper Jet XL chopper need pics of unrestored bike

I have a Whisper Jet XL chopper that my dad bought new in 1972 ? for me when I was 13. Never took any pictures of it then. I would like to restore for my granddaughter. Engine not correct, seat missing.Tires have never gone flat , still have air from when new !! Would like pictures of unrestored to go by, maybe some sales literature . Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks Denny

Attachments

Last edited:
Wow!!!! I've never seen the GeneralAppliance built Chopper badged as a Whisper Jet. just Trail Horse up until now. So cool!!

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

I just found something very interesting that I didn't notice before. I was looking through my General Appliance brochures/manuals and in my Chopper manual it lists three models. The GTO-1370 which would be the Trail Horse. The LTD-1390 which would be the Trail Blazer. The third model number is XL-1390 for the XL Whisper Jet.

Denny, Send me a PM. I have copies of the manual available.

Trail Horse Chopper manual

Last edited:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
denny, You PM'd me to ask if I could make you a decal. I have PM'd you 3 or more times over the last week and again today.

You have been on twice today an still have not replied. Guess you don't want the decal.

I need the chain guard, don't know if was the same as on your bike, do you know where I might find one , also seat.
Thanks Denny
Your chain guard should be just like mine. Chain guards show up on ebay from time to time but don't expect to get them cheap. I think the last one sold for around $80. Finding the correct seat will be like finding a needle in a haystack. You could have one made but without knowing exactly what your seat looked like to begin with it will be difficult.

I have a Whisper Jet XL chopper that my dad bought new in 1972 ? for me when I was 13. Never took any pictures of it then. I would like to restore for my granddaughter. Engine not correct, seat missing.Tires have never gone flat , still have air from when new !! Would like pictures of unrestored to go by, maybe some sales literature . Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks Denny
I think you've got my bike, bro. Here's 1 of only 2 photos I have, the other is scanned, just have to locate.. it gives a view of the other side. Not the best, but something to go on, at least. Yours is the first match I've found. https://www.flickr.com/photos/wgdcimages/30126271682/