Who has hooked up a horn?

Trying to get a 12v horn to work on my 70 rupp with lighted coil and using the replacement switch with the three button hi low light, engine kill on side and horn on top. I have the button to ground the horn, and when I take power off the red to other terminal of the horn and press button nothing! Horn is new and I tested it on a battery it works fine. Is there not enough amps off the coil to work the horn even when I rev it??? Thanks

Trying to get a 12v horn to work on my 70 rupp with lighted coil and using the replacement switch with the three button hi low light, engine kill on side and horn on top. I have the button to ground the horn, and when I take power off the red to other terminal of the horn and press button nothing! Horn is new and I tested it on a battery it works fine. Is there not enough amps off the coil to work the horn even when I rev it??? Thanks
Aren't those lighted coils 6V DC?

toomanytoys

Thats odd.

I have a small horn I picked up out of a junk box, and it buzzes weak at idle, and BEEPs and cruising speed. This on a lighted HS40

What type of horn do you have? I'd say a car horn would draw more amps

It's a wolo mini horn for a car, about 2.5" round two terminal. Instructions say one terminal ground one hot, the switch showed the horn button being the ground through the case itself.

I measured The output and it was around 8v at just over idle, so it puts out 12v the head light is a 12v light and it gets bright just before the TC engages at I'm guessing 2k rpms. I bet it takes some amps to get it to sound I know when I hit the horn on my old dodge with an amp gauge the gauge moves pretty good!

Neck

Growing up is optional
I'm thinking the lighting coil is A/C and to use it on an accessory other than a light bulb you will need a rectifier between the coil and the accessory. And check the output voltage of the coil through the rectifier it should cut it in half.