why does everybody say they have to hang it up for winter????

maddcarson

why do u guys hang up the riding in winter time..is it just cause where u live or the temp?? i no it gets a lil nippy in winter but cant u ride with a jacket??

mini bikes are wild in snow, and if its fluffy, u cant ride it. so if u got lots of snow u might as well winterize it and store it.

its not so much the snow as it is the wet mud that comes with it. Its not the greatest for a nice restored mini. I dont mind i ride year round :thumbsup: Same with my porsche 911 . If i can get it out of the garage and across the lawn im driving it. Gotta keep them juices flowing or she gets cranky in the springtime :)

maddcarson

not really..not that many places down here to ride..theres this one pig ass place we could ride at...its an abandoned house development with dirt spots and wide open paves streets...i always ride my go kart and mini bike there.. a person lives way up back in there so i can probobly just ask for permission to mabeyy hold an event

I rode my Doodlebug in the snow/ice last year with no problems except I should've been wearing some goggles, my eyes kept tearing up from the freezing air blowing in my eyes. :thumbdown:

ya i live in the appalachian mountains and in winter theres snow 24/7 so when it gets packed after a couple sunny days its fun. its intense driving :scooter:

the whole reason i made a minibike was to ride it in the snow. there is a park behind my house and i think it will make a pretty good track in the winter since not too many people walk there. i also have a snow blower tire to go on the back and a knobby front tire or maybe even a ski.