Why wont my crank side cover fricken seal!!

well the junk OE threads ALL STRIPPED!!! so i drilled them out to 5/16th and doubled 2 gaskets and shes sealed!!!! BUT NOW i cant get her to start? so tomorrow i will recheck vavles, spark, and fuel and hope for the best :(
did you shim the crank and the cam to make up for the extra gasket?

no no i just got ahead of myself,,,but i got her running and sealed but.....i have smoke coming from my valve cover vent hose is this normal i don't believe so but other than valve not sealing i don't see what else it would be?

Did you have the piston out? I wonder if your getting a ton of blow by past the piston rings. Just trying to brainstorm here.... I suppose a blown head gasket could also push exhaust into the crankcase. That could potentially be the root cause of your sealing issue. If your pressurizing the crank case it will find a way out. Do you have a compression tester? A lot of them can be hooked up to an air compressor, you just have to remove the little valve core from the end. Just loosen your valve lash way up and pressurize the cylinder and listen for leaking air. If its out the intake its a bad intake valve/seat, obviously the same goes for the exhaust. But if you pull your oil fill plug and your hearing it leak out there its either bad rings, blown head gasket, or a broken piston.

Hello badtec,

Verb1.ping - hit with a pinging noise; "The bugs pinged the lamp shade"
collide with, impinge on, hit, run into, strike - hit against; come into sudden contact with; "The car hit a tree"; "He struck the table with his elbow"

peen (p n)
n.
The end of a hammerhead opposite the flat striking surface, often wedge-shaped or ball-shaped and used for chipping, indenting, and metalworking.
tr.v. peened, peen•ing, peens
To hammer, bend, or shape with a peen.

Ping sounded better to me, so I looked it up. I think minidragbike had it right, just my opinion. :smile:

Hello badtec,

Verb1.ping - hit with a pinging noise; "The bugs pinged the lamp shade"
collide with, impinge on, hit, run into, strike - hit against; come into sudden contact with; "The car hit a tree"; "He struck the table with his elbow"

peen (p n)
n.
The end of a hammerhead opposite the flat striking surface, often wedge-shaped or ball-shaped and used for chipping, indenting, and metalworking.
tr.v. peened, peen•ing, peens
To hammer, bend, or shape with a peen.

Ping sounded better to me, so I looked it up. I think minidragbike had it right, just my opinion. :smile:
Even The Master said that he meant peen. Thanks for doing all the research tho.