Will a TAV2 Fit?

I'm planning to put one of those Chinese TAV2 clones on my modified Tecumseh motor, since I want more low end. Aside from the possiblity of the clone breaking apart at high RPM (7000), do you guys think it will fit in this frame? Also, will I need to figure out a way to move the sprocket or will it line up?

Thanks.

dNrNsxj.jpg
WUMhRJ9.jpg
53OMLrm.jpg
YDFewOY.jpg
D5xmk09.jpg

Why cant it be mounted on the outside of the driven? Longer shaft sticking out. Plate facing forward like we do on the trikes.

i've been told the TAV 2 is only good up to 3600 RPM on the other hand my Chinese scooters redline at like at 11K And have belt driven CVT.

Is that the enduro if so get rid of it it will leave u stranded somewhere the valve train is junk and it drops valves regularly a harbor freight clone is way better motor with more power

Is that the enduro if so get rid of it it will leave u stranded somewhere the valve train is junk and it drops valves regularly a harbor freight clone is way better motor with more power
It's a PowerSport, but essentially the same motor.
I've had this motor for nearly a decade and it has not failed once... valve train is now upgraded. I really don't see any problems with the stock one though. At least the Enduro has an iron cam :wink: Pretty sure the Non-Hemi predator was plastic.

0HxL9TB.jpg

Billet rod, chromoly pushrods, billet retainers, 26lb springs, adjustable carb, staged pipe + RLV, lightly ported & polished head, Dyno Cams 255, Motorsports hot coil, gigantic useless airfilter... probably some stuff I'm forgetting.

Last edited:
I'm going with my 1st thought and the frame is just to tight to the engine :shrug:
Yeah, way too tight.

He could move the engine towards the center of the bike, and raise it. Battery would need to be turned.

This would leave room for a Comet 30 driver and driven to a jack shaft. TAV option would be difficult because of the required alignment and spacing of the plate.

A solid day of cutting, fabrication and welding, reduced to a couple of sentences. Need to fabricate new engine mount, jack shaft mount and bearings, and shortest belt you can find.

It would certainly be a performance upgrade to this machine, especially take off/acceleration. But a far cry from a plug and play operation.

TAV came in the mail. Its enourmous. Guess its time to convert to a live axle... Can finally install discs now. I'm thinking a live axle that's only driving 1 wheel or a split axle.