Williams Side Car

In a rush, its Thomas's first birthday this weekend and I have a truck load of kids comming round. Can't complain it was the misses idea that I get cracking so I can take everyone for rides.

Thanks for all the input Uncle Gerry.

Making a simple roll bar type frame, with a plate on the bottom and bench type seats. Got some Robbie saftey belts for the airfield to keep them strapped in safe.

cut a tube in half to clamp on to the bike frame, will use hose clamps, should be plenty strong.

Will try to take Friday off to finish.

Cool! I've got a rolling platform that used to have a pressure washer on it that I've been eyeballing thinking I should make a side car out of it..... The kids will LOVE that when it's done!! :thumbsup:

Happy Birthday little guy!
I have never had children of my own but I am the type that allways makes time for kids .
When I visit my nieces I am usually the one down on the floor (bad knees and all) having a tea party or being shown how to dress a barbie lol
You are a rich man and lucky to have beautifull kids , they will remember all of the things they did with Dad.
Rob

Dan that is amazing work!!!
You are going to be the favorite dad on the block lol
Have you given it a test run yet , I bet it takes a bit of getting used to
Rob

Hell Yea, burnt up and down the road a couple of times.
Handles well, but takes getting used too. You can't lean into the turns, my boet is as skinny as a rake 50 odd Kilos so I put hin on the seat and road round with him, works great. Just want to upgrade the hose clamps to a more industrial version.
The Robbie chopper seat belts worked great, can't wiat for the boys to come home from school

Thanks guys.
It turned out better than I thought.
Its hellava fun to ride to both boys for a spin when they got home. All smiles.
It puts a bit of strain on the engine. Must get a 72 sproket.