Wisconsin aen engine hop up

ANYBODY OUT THERE EVER HOP UP ONE of these old wisconsin engines ? heres my plan. the factory cranks a forged steel so there plenty tough and run on bearings not bushings,they have super long connesting rods so hi-torque isnt a problem.

1. weisco piston (slightly higher compression)
2. billet aluminum rod
3. gov. removed
4. crank- knife edged & polished then balance the rotating assy
5. billet aluminum flywheel
6. billet cylinder head
7. 100% port and polishing of ports
8. mikuni carb
9. isky cam,billet lifters and matching springs
10. stainless pro-flo over size valves (custom made)

these engine turn 3600 rpm,s stock so if i can wind it up to 5-6k on 93 oct gas i think 12+ hp and huge amount of torque will be possible. any thoughts ?
thanks
bob the experimentor

Bob sounds like a cool idea , i'd say go for it . How will you do the rod ? can you make it ? Also the head will have to be made . Some people will say it not worth the time or money and buy a predator . I say you will probably be the only guy with one . Build it i'd like to see it run .:thumbsup:

i,am a big guy and need a high torque engine to pull me. as far as the rod, it isnt a problem. bill miller and several other rod mfg. will/can make it. still rescherching if I want to do like briggs rods and run no insert bearing or run pinned factory wisc. rod bearings. as far as the head my local machine shop can/will make me one out of billet alum. for reasonable cost. the idea behind a aluminum head is so i can run higher compression as it dissapates heat faster and wont spark knock. i believe I can get away with 11-1 compression. with the iron head 9-1 would be max.I,d like to build about 1/3 size bigger bike than most like. I knew I was in trouble when I found this site...... hehe then I dug out this old wisc and did some rescherch and the quality is superb and yells for a high perf build up.
bob

Probably could google it but too lazy-is a aen at all like a aenl or aenld because if so I have worked on many and oddly have parts if you need for the 2 latter mentioned but IF the aen is like the ones I mentioned that thing is best left on some stationary power plant. Over 2 feet tall and weighs as much as a 350 chevy block with a foot long connecting rod and a prehistoric Fairbanks magneto ignition-Really. Why?
Might as well go with a small diesel-
Those LONG stroke wisconsins are like the SLOWEST revving engines ever produced. Sorry but I hope someone talks you out of it.

65ShelbyClone

I have an AKN that I considered doing similar mods to. The AEN, from what I can tell, is a larger model. Here are my thoughts after looking over my smaller AKN and perusing the AEN manual:

1.) It's tall and heavy. You already know that.
2.) The forged crank, tapered roller bearings, and iron block are all very robust.
3.) The valves are probably larger than the ports can be opened up to already. Not sure I would put oversized valves in it...maybe just good stainless parts.
4.) Go with bearing inserts in the conrod. No question.
5.) You will probably have hard time getting 11:1 compression just by making the chamber smaller. Compression and flow are a major balancing act with flatheads.
6.) The AEN makes 9.2hp from 3200-3600rpm to start. With all the work you have planned, I would be disappointed with just 12hp. The fact that power levels off after 3200 makes me think that the induction has the most room for improvement.
7.) Like most utility engine mufflers, the stock one is a huge restriction. A good header and/or free-flowing muffler with jetting would probably free up 1-2+hp without disabling the governor.

Probably could google it but too lazy-is a aen at all like a aenl or aenld because if so I have worked on many and oddly have parts if you need for the 2 latter mentioned but IF the aen is like the ones I mentioned that thing is best left on some stationary power plant. Over 2 feet tall and weighs as much as a 350 chevy block with a foot long connecting rod and a prehistoric Fairbanks magneto ignition-Really. Why?
Might as well go with a small diesel-
Those LONG stroke wisconsins are like the SLOWEST revving engines ever produced. Sorry but I hope someone talks you out of it.
How does any of that make it an inferior engine?

looks like were on the same page. i,ve found a connecting rod mfg. that will make me a alum. rod,weisco will make any piston I want for it and I can get a tiatianium wrist pin too. the head and flywheel are being rescherched now.
bob