Won't Start Coleman CT200U Mini Bike

We have a 2 month old Coleman CT200U mini bike that will not start. It has fresh gas, in the on position, gas on, choke is on. Very frustrating it won't start. It originally started on the first pull when we first got it two months ago. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you

Does it have a crankcase oil level sensor? Low oil or overfill will prevent start-ups. Check the spark plug condition after trying to start it.
First post I see, welcome to this place. Good folks here.

SAS289

Those engines do not have an oil sensor. Replace the spark plug first to eliminate it as a possibility. If it still will not start remove the green ground wire (10mm gas tank mount nut) to create an open circuit for the kill switch. If it starts the kill switch is bad. Touch the green wire back to engine ground to stop the engine. If there is still a no start with the green wire disconnected the last thing is the coil. All this is assuming there is a no spark condition.

Does the engine sound like it wants to start but won't or are you pulling and it doesn't sound like there is any ignition at all?

Those engines do not have an oil sensor. Replace the spark plug first to eliminate it as a possibility. If it still will not start remove the green ground wire (10mm gas tank mount nut) to create an open circuit for the kill switch. If it starts the kill switch is bad. Touch the green wire back to engine ground to stop the engine. If there is still a no start with the green wire disconnected the last thing is the coil. All this is assuming there is a no spark condition.

Does the engine sound like it wants to start but won't or are you pulling and it doesn't sound like there is any ignition at all?
I am having a similar issue as the original poster. My son was riding our CT200U-ex then the bike just died and could not get it to start. Coleman sent out a new carb and still will not start. I replaced the plug and verified the kill switch is functional. When I pull the cord, it doesn't sound like it wants to start at all.

Yes, I have spark (sorry should have mentioned that earlier). I re-read some posts including this one and the issue was the kill switch. I thought made sure it was functional but failed to make an open circuit. The orange switch was the culprit but issue was solved by from this discussion, thanks for the responses - we are up and running!

I just bought one of these bikes and having same problem. I check the kill switch like you say, that is not it. I have spark. It sounds like it wants to start and there is a small bang when pulling the cord but it will not caught. do you think it is the coil?

Don't rule out a bad spark plug. The CHI-COM plugs are crap and fail regularly. Ebay and Amazon have been selling fake NGK plugs.
Also check your oil level. If right at the sensor for oil level being normal, it may allow a spark every now and then. As you shake the bike pulling the starter it will not run.
If your engine was running just fine and suddenly dies, it is normally something simple.

Don't rue out a bad spark plug. The CHI-COM plugs are crap and fail regularly. Ebay and Amazon have been selling fake KGK plugs.
If your engine was running just fine and suddenly dies, it is normally something simple. ( unless you have removed the governor and run it at high RPMs)
Thanks I will replace the spark plug. It was running fine but the throttle was sticking at full speed so my son was hitting the kill switch to stop, by doing this would it mess up a spark plug or anything else?

No, not at all. but what happens is as the spark plug gets hot ( CHI-COM crap) the insulator on the inside breaks down and causes a resistance so high the voltage being generated by the ignition coil cannot overcome it and there is no spark produced.
I've been playing with small engines for 57 years now and only recently have I had more failure of spark plugs than any time in my life. I stick with real NGK's or Autolites as they seem to have a "hotter" spark from reviews and some test I have done on my engines.
You used to be able to run a plug until it fouled. You then "grit" blasted the electrode in a spark plug blaster ( still have mine), re gaped the plug, and ran it for another few years. Ever since they removed the lead from gas, I have seen a decline in the quality of spark plugs, They die quicker than they used to. (I'm sure the ethanol in the fuel is not helping either)
The failure rate on 2-stroke engines is even worse. I have started to carry a spare spark plugs on my mopeds as the high altitude,high RPM is just murder on the spark plugs.
Champion used to be the best, not too sure today.

No, not at all. but what happens is as the spark plug gets hot ( CHI-COM crap) the insulator on the inside breaks down and causes a resistance so high the voltage being generated by the ignition coil cannot overcome it and there is no spark produced.
I've been playing with small engines for 57 years now and only recently have I had more failure of spark plugs than any time in my life. I stick with real NGK's or Autolites as they seem to have a "hotter" spark from reviews and some test I have done on my engines.
You used to be able to run a plug until it fouled. You then "grit" blasted the electrode in a spark plug blaster ( still have mine), re gaped the plug, and ran it for another few years. Ever since they removed the lead from gas, I have seen a decline in the quality of spark plugs, They die quicker than they used to. (I'm sure the ethanol in the fuel is not helping either)
The failure rate on 2-stroke engines is even worse. I have started to carry a spare spark plugs on my mopeds as the high altitude,high RPM is just murder on the spark plugs.
Champion used to be the best, not too sure today.
Thank you for your advice, very helpful. I know enough to be dangerous, but I am learning.

I also have a Coleman CT 200u-ex that will not start. Following these post I have tried them all with no results. I pull on the starter cord and nothing, she may puff a little smoke but will not crank. I replaced the spart plug, the coil, cleaned out the carburetor, checked all the wiring and the all have continuity. I even checked the valve clearance and nothing works. For a small engine this is my biggest headache. Can anyone provide some advise? Thank you in advance

If you spray starting fluid in it and it runs for a few seconds you know it's probably the carb not letting fuel in. If nothing changes it's probably not getting spark so I would replace plug, then coil if the kill switch isn't the problem.

*Did you check the oil level? Many of the engines have a low oil shut off. 4 OZ of low oil will do it. The symptoms are:
The engine may fire once or twice and not fire again.( the white puff of smoke) As you pull the rope starter the piston rod is splashing the oil,if it is right at the "low" point it will not fire as the splashing drops the oil level even more BUT if ohm'ed out at rest it will check out as conducting as normal, the oil level just makes the switch. The splashed oil has run back down into the crank case.
I have had this happen several times over the years. It drove me nuts until I added oil until it overflowed the fill port. The engines started instantly if they were not flooded with gas.
When you say all wires have continuity,you better not have continuity on the kill switch to ground or the engines run/stop switch to ground.

If you spray starting fluid in it and it runs for a few seconds you know it's probably the carb not letting fuel in. If nothing changes it's probably not getting spark so I would replace plug, then coil if the kill switch isn't the problem.
Thanks for responding. I sprayed starter fluid no change, I replaced the spark plug and th coil. I ran a continuity check on the kill switch wire and everything reads good. I am willing to buy a kill switch but i am not so sure thats it. I will give it a try. Thank you