Working with PHOTOS and how to better manage them on this forum...

Greetings everyone,

Many times you might have noticed you can only upload photos of only a specific size. The magic size is around 6 mb. You can actually post more pictures if they are of smaller size. I use my phone and sometimes the pics end up being over the 6 mb. This problem can be resolved easily.

There are utilities you can get for free to reduce your existing pics. I personally only use the free Open Source apps. One I am suggesting is PhotoShrink 2.0 Photo Shrink download | SourceForge.net It was designed for Face Book but will work just fine for this web site.

The quality of the the shrunken file is not bad for general purpose. To give you an example, the pic you are viewing is only 760 KB. The actual file size was 6.14 MB. That is not bad for a reduced file size. Right side (2).JPG It will also help with your upload time.

Another feature is you can do a group of files or a single file. Just create a folder for the source file(s) you want to shrink. It will then put them under a folder called, photo shrink or wherever you are running the application. To get easy access just create a short cut on your desktop to manage them.

If you have problems, you can PM me. But the app is very simple.

Hope this is helpful!

mcope............thanks for staying and sharing this information........its nice to know there are people like you who can help dummies like me on this forum...........it just keeps getting better and better........everyone can bring something to this table

mcope............thanks for staying and sharing this information........its nice to know there are people like you who can help dummies like me on this forum...........it just keeps getting better and better........everyone can bring something to this table
You are very welcome!

It is cool seeing some of the other restorations. :)