WTB Mesinger Sparkle Seat Powerdyne Like This:

Need one of these seats to finish my Powerdyne Rail project....These were used on mini-bikes and some bicycles back in the 70's....best would be purple but black or white or silver will work....I missed out bidding on 2 of these on Flea-Bay in 2 months :doah::doah: so I think they are around....

please PM if you can help.

george3

Need one of these seats to finish my Powerdyne Rail project....These were used on mini-bikes and some bicycles back in the 70's....best would be purple but black or white or silver will work....I missed out bidding on 2 of these on Flea-Bay in 2 months :doah::doah: so I think they are around....

please PM if you can help.

looks like a seat that might of been on a sears chopper bicycle. maybe royce union or huffy there is a few others but dont remember the names, I only had schwinns back in the days.

looks like a seat that might of been on a sears chopper bicycle. maybe royce union or huffy there is a few others but dont remember the names, I only had schwinns back in the days.

the original silver sparkle seat off my Powerdyne was used up..and boy did it stink :doah:...after painting the frame metallic purple I find on Ebay the exact Mesinger seat in.....PURPLE METALLIC !!!!!!! Oh boy I thought, and I plugged in a bid that I thought was more than adequate because the bidding on it was slow and dammit if I didn't get sniped at the last second :censure:
so I figure I missed my chance of a lifetime , get disgusted and stop looking...about a month later I'm looking in completed items and see that ANOTHER PURPLE SPARKLE (the one I pictured) was posted right after the first one and I completely missed it :facepalm: :doah:

the only good news is it seems they are out there still...you're right about them coming on some of the early "muscle" bikes, the two guys who were selling them were "bike" guys.

Have you tried contacting the 2 sellers to see if they maybe have another...I have done this very thing and occasionally it works out.
Also you have the original base...what about having in re-upholstered...:shrug:
The sparkle material is out there...seems to be popular with boat restoration.

I think silver would look killer with the purple paint...:thumbsup:

Just some ideas...I do know I'm looking forward to seeing the bike completed !

Have you tried contacting the 2 sellers to see if they maybe have another...I have done this very thing and occasionally it works out.
Also you have the original base...what about having in re-upholstered...:shrug:
The sparkle material is out there...seems to be popular with boat restoration.

I think silver would look killer with the purple paint...:thumbsup:

Just some ideas...I do know I'm looking forward to seeing the bike completed !
I did try to contact the seller (and the buyer in one case..waited until he posted feedback to get his name :rolleyes:)...but to no avail :sad:
I could get the original metal seat frame upholstered but it wouldn't be the same since the Mesinger seats are molded not stitched...but I'm getting to the point where I may have to get a seat stitched as close looking as possible....