WTB: Tecumseh HS 40 Engines

markus

As far as I know most of the H25, H30, H35 and HS40 engines had starter teeth on the flywheel. The only exception to this is the lighted engines. I've never seen a small frame mini bike engine with a starter though.
Just the HS40 non lighted flywheels- the teeth were standard, great way to quickly tell them apart in my bin of flywheels :thumbsup:. They cast them into the first HS50 non lighted flywheels too that were aluminum. But that flywheel only was made for very short time before they updated to the stronger and probably cheaper to make steel wheel. I dunno how they work with an electric starter but they had that side mounted recoil for vertical engines that utilized the teeth.

markus

Markus,
I just purchased two diaphragm carbs off ebay and I want to use them on future motors to be correct. What is the Tecumseh part number of the standard intake like the one in your picture above and does anyone re-pop them that you know of?
Thanks for the info..
I found some of the 32859 versions in my parts bins this morning, I listed one on ebay if you end up needing one (just search that part number in tecumseh parts...its the cheapest one listed). Good luck with it :thumbsup:

markus

I looked it up on Jack's and they are calling for a TEC #33301 Intake but for use with a float bowl type carb since the diaphragm carb is NLA.
Yea, thats the slanted one for the 20 degree float carb, there are 2 different standard intakes that were available, on had a rounded top and one was more square, That square top I just put up sold in a few minutes (I guess your not the only looking for one), I just put another up though, I found like 3 of them in one of the parts bins.

Last edited:
Markus,
Is this your Ebay listing with the standard intake? Please advise and I'm all over it.
Used Tecumseh Engine Intake Pipe 32859 (Obsolete)
Thanks again OldMiniBikes!!

Got it on Buy It Now!! Thanks capguncowboy and markus and OldMiniBikes. I'm liking this more and more now.

HS40 Tecumseh Intake pipe 32859 (NLA) mini bike kart snowblower minibike 4hp