Yet another Coleman CT200U owner

I recently picked up one of the ct200u's ... simply because I always wanted one as a kid and now I have one .. I rule (Lester Burnham, American beauty.... no? anyway)

I was pretty impressed with the overall acceleration this thing has stock.

I used a GPS app and clocked myself at 21.5 MPH without touching anything. This is more than enough for cruising around my yard. I will probably keep it stock for quite a while.

I am very interested in eventually building my own minibike because that just looks like a ton of fun and it seems like even someone without vast mechanical knowledge can probably handle it.

I am glad to be a part of this forum. I will post some riding videos of the ct200u soon.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum NaturalFork, sure is a sweet bike for an inexpensive clone isn't it? I'm glad more folks are buying the CT200, when i got mine last year i could only find a few posts about them, more are showing up now and its good to read of others experiences with their little ride. I probably have 200 miles or so on mine, mostly up and down the dead end road in front of the house but some trail riding too, mines been flawless cept for the chains master link which popped off when my brother in law tried? to jump it and wrecked. Luckily parts are to be had at the OldMiniBikes warehouse and i was back up and running in a few days.

I never would have bought it if it wasn't set up bigger than the doodlebug...the big tires and all. For a mini it fits a 200lb adult better than i'd have thought and the power is quite impressive for a stock bike. Funny to say but for a quick ride around the house in the evening i'll forego the bigger bikes in the shed and jump on the mini, never would have thought it would be so entertaining but indeed it is.

Congrats on your new bike and i look forward to your posts and vids! JR.

I recently picked up one of the ct200u's ... simply because I always wanted one as a kid and now I have one .. I rule (Lester Burnham, American beauty.... no? anyway)

I used a GPS app and clocked myself at 21.5 MPH without touching anything. This is more than enough for cruising around my yard. I will probably keep it stock for quite a while.

I am very interested in eventually building my own minibike because that just looks like a ton of fun and it seems like even someone without vast mechanical knowledge can probably handle it.

I am glad to be a part of this forum. I will post some riding videos of the ct200u soon.

Thanks!
Hey congrats! I recently received mine but haven't driven it yet lol.
Looking to mod it asap lol. Hopefully more owners come in here so we can see how many on here own one. Nice to be able to have a go to group when you need advice or help.

Thanks!
Have you done any mods yet?

Incase you guys ever had to, I removed the wheel bearings. There is a sleeve between the wheel bearings so any type of puller won't work UNLESS you buy an expanding collet. Blind pullers won't work cause you can't grab the back of bearing because of the sleeve. I was able to stick a metal ground stake through the wheel and catch the rubber seal, one solid wack out it flew. Now the other bearing is easy because you can see and the sleeve is out. Another wack and it flew across the room. Just an FYI before you buy a puller for nothing.
Sucks for me because I ruined 2 new bearings but I won't need them because I changed the fork and axle bolt size.