you ever have one of those days

toomanytoys

Saturday morning i woke up to 40 degrees slowly warming towards the lower 50s. I got up full of endless possibilities of activites. I decided to get my dad out of the house since he has been cooped up from his health problems and is now feeling much better. We head out to some back roads in the little ranger and look for a suitable place to walk in the woods. From my younger days I knew of a place with large rocks with caves cut under them that was supposedly an indian village. We proceeded to walk around there and enjoy the scenery and prespring sun. After leaving we proceed to head to another area and walk around for an hour.

Then we head down to my aunts house to pick up their atv to do some repair work to it. Loaded up a 450 foreman and head towards home. First problem slowly down for a dog that reduely ran out in front of us the lining tears off one of the front brake pads. No big deal as I wanted to do a brake job any way. 5 miles later we cross some train tracks and boom both rear shackles ripp off the frame and shoot the springs into the bed. This is a problem but we are close to home and I baby it home. Now there is lots of work to do.

A quick trip to autozone in my dads jeep and 175 dollars later I have 2 rotors a set of pads 2 shackles and 2 leaf spring hangers in my hand. Get the rear of the truck jacked up and get out the torch to cut out 8 bolts holding on the 2 hangers. Cut first bolt and start on 2nd and boom no more o2. Out comes the grinder onl thing left is a half of a grinding disc. Back to the mall to get grinding disc. 12 grinding disc in hand I proceed to cut out the remaining 7 bolts. Get area cleaned up painted and go to put on the shackles and they are wrong. Back to autozone got correct parts and finish job.

Next start on rotors. Realize that rotors are hubs and I am out of wheel bearing grease, back to mall to get tub of grease. Finish brakes.

Sunday get up to work on the atv. Headgasket is blown. Proceed to break of two head bolts and spend entire day drilling and extracting head bolts.

2 very nice days spent working on stuff. Truck repairs should of taken 2 hours not 6 and atv should of been 1 or 2.

Needless to say next weekend I might just stay in bed.

yep i have alot of them days :sad:alot of them days . at least you are back up and running and the weather was nice to be out side working on stuff . my luck when shit like that goes its below 0 or storming :doah:

incogrhino

I blew a brake line before I go to pick up a mini and instead hafta redo a line outside in the rain. I can relate. But...its fixed and I can get to work soooo.... is all good.

well another one of them days :censure: me running . try this for some shit luck do some shopping to pick up supplys to build some parts ok get all the running done figure get gas and head on home . stop at the pump and as i just get done pumping gas the blazer quits :blink: ok what now :surrender: pay for the gas go to start it no :censure: way not one pop just spins . fuel pump went :doah: 25 miles from home .

toomanytoys

Ouch!

My favorite break down. I was coming home from Dubois PA in a 1999 Dodge Neon. I bought the car for 200 bucks, and was running it back and forth to save miles on my New ranger which after 3 years was already pegging near 200k! And I owed another 2 years on the loan. I'm coming down the highway the car starts missing and popping. Crap, crap, it quits, I cost to a stop. After a couple minutes I realized the fuel pump wasn't coming on. Fuel pump fuse is blown, oh man so lucky, easy fix, walk to a gas station get a fuel pump fuse car starts right up! My lucky day, let out on the clutch and it shuts off!!! Change fuse again, same result. WTF..gave up called my dad and a tow truck, they show up, get the car home. Jack it up the next morning and the fuel pump wiring was laying on the axle shorting it out as soon as the axle turned.

.05 cents for a 3" long piece of tape, .25 cent fuse, and a 150 dollar tow bill!!

Top it off, after laying on the cold garage floor for several hours doing the shackles I got a cold, then monday morning it turned to the flu. I spent monday and tuesday huddled by the toilet, and back to work today I've went to the bathroom about a dozen times since 7 am.

Top it off, after laying on the cold garage floor for several hours doing the shackles I got a cold, then monday morning it turned to the flu. I spent monday and tuesday huddled by the toilet, and back to work today I've went to the bathroom about a dozen times since 7 am.
fun fun . did something like that years ago my days off i needed to get some stuff done well its like 35 below 0 and with the wind 54 below . and go figure the car wont go battery just dont have the power in that cold to crank it . so pulling the battery to bring it in and charger it up . looking in the bay and see the belt is cracking pretty bad . ok no biggie napa was across the street get belts and put them in . well spent a few hours leaning over the fender chest pressed on the steel . got wind burn bad and really cold lungs . well go in and shiver half the night next day man do i feel like hell . call in for a few days , figure i can just fight this and be back soon . ya um no , a week of sitting in bed and i can barley breath sick as hell and can hear the fluid in my lungs . ok go to the doc . yep ya sick here take theses bla bla bla . oh did them pills suck :eek:hmy: made ya feel like ya could shit throw a coffee filter dont cough