Your minibike speed records?

Ok now i remeber their first names. Matt and Buck. Cool guys, with some cool minibikes. Like i said just a Old Powell challanger, 10hp snowblower motor, 12hp carb, pipe, and a T/C. So thats all you got??? I dont think its worth the ride man. :scooter:
I think my brothers knows them guys, I believe one is a cop or something for ypsi? But he's pretty cool. There are also a few other folks that run mini bikes down in Detroit, one with a blockzilla and a 305 the other with a vanguard motor but I forgot the size and myself with the GX390.

If you watch to vid clips on youtube of the Detroit races those are the guys I'm talkin about. One's name is Shaun and I forgot the other.

do you guys run in detroit? or detroit metro?

Stang we should get together and run our bikes, I really wanna check out your 390,

I live on a dead end street connected to a long black asphalt path through a park, weve ran that like a drag strip for the last couple years,

really good times

I think my brothers knows them guys, I believe one is a cop or something for ypsi? But he's pretty cool. There are also a few other folks that run mini bikes down in Detroit, one with a blockzilla and a 305 the other with a vanguard motor but I forgot the size and myself with the GX390.

If you watch to vid clips on youtube of the Detroit races those are the guys I'm talkin about. One's name is Shaun and I forgot the other.
The two guys im talking about are a couple big black guys. Real nice cool dudes! I got to hang out with them alittle at windber in 06 and 07. We even emailed a few times. If you see them tell them Josh with the fast Powell said HI.

Even half way, I wouldn't meet someone to race mini bikes. I'll pass on the 1000 mile road trip to go mini bike racing lol.

I'm pretty sure I know the guys your talkin bout Josh.

Last edited:
Even half way, I wouldn't meet someone to race mini bikes. I'll pass on the 1000 mile road trip to go mini bike racing lol.

I'm pretty sure I know the guys your talkin bout Josh.

MDB is a punk anyway! Im not going to start that again though. Matt and Buck now they are some good guys. Stang if you see them, let them know the Powell is for sale. They bugged me for a couple years to sell it to them. LOL

Driving 700 miles and 2000+ miles round trip is a big difference lol. especially hauling mini bikes. Couldn't even imagine the gas you would use.

Another speed test today and I hit about 22.6mph I recall. That's 1.7mph faster than before! I think that was about as quick as it can go because it was between 22.6mph to 22.4mph.

Another speed test today and I hit about 22.6mph...
That's swell. Maybe having the back wheel rolling true helps. I'll bet there's something more left in it. Raising the tire pressure might help. Make sure the chain and wheel bearings are well-lubed. Try to have a tail wind. Have you tried a two-way pass?

That's swell. Maybe having the back wheel rolling true helps. I'll bet there's something more left in it. Raising the tire pressure might help. Make sure the chain and wheel bearings are well-lubed. Try to have a tail wind. Have you tried a two-way pass?
What's a two way pass

What's a two way pass
A two-way pass is when you do your top speed run in opposite directions over the same course. One way might be faster than the other because of a tail wind or other factors. I believe that's how they do it at Bonneville. They establish your top speed based on the average of the two runs. Old Salt might have more details or tips for you. He actually races there.