Search results

1. Dave_In_Florida

Big Block Drag Doodle Build

Last year, for our Billetproof minibike drags, my friend Hellaslow and I hastily built drag doodlebugs with Honda/Clone big block (GX340/GX390) engines. We rushed, so there were compromises, and then failures. Good news is we learned some things. This year, we have more time, and more...
  2. Dave_In_Florida

Help figuring out gearing with TAV

I'm getting ready to start on a drag bike that will use a 11hp big block clone. I have access to a 1" comet TAV (thanks Jason :thumbsup: ). I have been using the various gearing calculators to figure out my gearing, but throwing the TAV in the mix has me lost. I've read that they have a 10%...
  3. Dave_In_Florida

DB30 sprocket and brake rotor.

Looking for a stock sprocket and brake rotor for a doodlebug. Willing to pay fair prices.
  4. Dave_In_Florida

The Drag Racing Thread

It seems drag race minibikes are becoming more popular on here, the problem is guys are building them all over the country, so it's very tough to get ideas and help on our projects. I'm starting this thread in hopes that all of us building or racing drag mini's will post new ideas, questions...
  5. Dave_In_Florida

Lightened flywheel for charging coil?

My friend and I are building performance 6.5's (fairly mild, 6000 RPM bursts). We do quite a bit of riding at night though, so we'd like to run a headlight. Does anyone make a lightened flywheel with the magnets in it for a charging coil? Has anyone had luck epoxying the magnets to an...
  6. Dave_In_Florida

Doodlebug project "Street Sweeper"

My friend Jason (Hellaslow on here) and I decided we wanted minibikes built exclusively for street riding. We both have other bikes for riding off-road, but most of our riding is done on the streets in his subdivision. The streets are fun to ride, but going faster means more fun right? So...
  7. Dave_In_Florida

Got 2 new projects. Honda trail content

A friend of mine who lives on the other coast of Florida posted these 2 bikes on facebook last week. I've wanted a CT70 for a long time so I jumped on them. As luck would have it, we were camping in the forest with our rail buggy this past weekend which is only 45 minutes from his place, so we...
  8. Dave_In_Florida

10" minibike wheels

Not looking for spoke wheels, but more like Azusa or pocketbike wheels. Used is preferred, don't care about the condition of the chrome or paint, I'll be blasting and painting them anyway. I really need them straight and not pitted with rust. Please send pics or a good enough description...
  9. Dave_In_Florida

2 rod failures, synthetic oil the cause?

Do any of you guys have issues running lighter weight oil on your motors? My friend and I are both running 5-30 synthetic (Royal Purple) and both had rod failures today drag racing. My motor is a brand new clone, his is a real honda that we pulled apart and it looked fine inside. Both locked...
  10. Dave_In_Florida

Clone 11hp jetting help

My friend and I both have GX340 clones in our minibikes and would like some jetting help. We both will be removing the governor, adding mild upgrade valve springs, and headers. Any idea where we should start for our jetting? I'm hoping to buy some jet drills and drill the stock jet for now FYI.
  11. Dave_In_Florida

Source for warrior jackshaft nut?

My buddy was riding his warrior the other day when the nut came off and went flying. We were unable to find it, but were able to keep everything else. The nut is 16mm, but a fine pitch that hardware stores don't carry. Does anyone have a source for this nut? I've only seen complete jackshaft...
  12. Dave_In_Florida

11hp drag bike build

My friend Hellaslow and I have been riding minibikes for years, but we recently have decided to build drag minibikes. There isn't really anyone drag racing mini's locally, but we hope to change that. I'm a full time nursing student with no job, so the budget is pretty low for now. The frame...
  13. Dave_In_Florida

Square tube minibike frame?

My friend and I have had this frame for years, but can never find out what it is. I think it's even been posted here before. The frame is made out of 1" square tubing with gussets welded at the corners, axle mount, etc. The rear axle uses pillow blocks to mount it to the frame which seems...
  14. Dave_In_Florida

gearing for 11hp bike

I have a stock 11hp clone I'm putting on my baja heat/warrior. This bike runs a 19" tall tire. I'm trying to figure out what gearing I should aim for with the new setup because all of my previous experience has been with 6.5's. I'd really like it geared for 1/8 mile because we have an event...
  15. Dave_In_Florida

Need pics of big block Heat/Warriors

I have a Baja Heat/Warrior and just purchased a 11hp clone and clutch for it. I know the swap has been done before, but I'm having a hard time finding pictures showing how the motor is mounted and what sprocket setup is being used. The clutch I got has a 17t sprocket on it, and I'd like to...
  16. Dave_In_Florida

Central Florida Mini Bikers!

A few of my friends and family will be in Lakeland this weekend for a big air-cooled VW show. We are bringing our mini-bikes and go-karts to enjoy in the huge paved parking lot where the show will be held (Lakeland Civic Center). We have permission from the promoter to ride all day Saturday...
  17. Dave_In_Florida

Warrior/Heat, idler needed on primary?

I pulled the primary cover off of my bike and noticed the plastic roller on the idler was totally eaten up. I had to get it together for a ride last weekend so I removed the idler all together. The primary chain had the right amount of tension without the idler, and in a day of riding, I...
  18. Dave_In_Florida

carb help with 5hp pulsa-jet

I have a 5hp flathead Briggs with the pulsa-jet carb and am having some tuning issues. The motor has been sitting, so today I pulled the carb apart and cleaned it and replaced the diaphragm, but I'm still having the same issues, which are: -the motor refuses to idle for more than a few...
  19. Dave_In_Florida

Need help ID'ing two frames

My friend recently picked up a go-kart for his son and then a mini-bike for himself. I decided it was time to pull the mini-bike out of my garage attic and get it running. I've attached a pic of our two frames. Can anyone ID them? His is the purple frame. Its mostly square tubing, but...