cruhr1 2016 build off entry*vintage class *1969 Rupp Chopper*

Do any of you guys know if these bikes originally came with the round Rupp sticker on the recoil like mine had before I stripped it? I wondered if somebody stuck it on there after the fact? It's kind of a bad place for a sticker since it's not exactly a flat smooth surface.

Rupp 72

The parts list for the rupp chopper calls for 2 round rupp decals, part number 13817. So based off of that, i would only assume there should be one on the shroud.

The parts list for the rupp chopper calls for 2 round rupp decals, part number 13817. So based off of that, i would only assume there should be one on the shroud.
Yeah I ordered a sticker set and it did come with two so I'll put it on there. Just wanted to double check first. Thanks

Rupp 72

After looking once more at the parts lists, it shows having only one rupp decal for 1969 and having 2 for 1970... So i guess it depends what year your bike is

After looking once more at the parts lists, it shows having only one rupp decal for 1969 and having 2 for 1970... So i guess it depends what year your bike is
I actually spoke with Bob Fragoman about the year of my bike. He initially thought it was a 1970 but the Rupp serial number indicated 1969. Bob did some digging and found out that the 1969 Rupp choppers started the year painted in gold and had the square Cub style clutch cover. Somewhere around June of '69 they changed to orange frames and the long chrome chain guard. Also in 1970 Rupp changed to a 6 digit serial number system instead of 5 digits like mine. My engine wasn't built until November of '69 so it appears my bike was produced very late that year. My guess is the decision to add the second decal for '70 had been made and the last few '69's got both. Or it could have been left over and they slapped the second decal on and sold it as a '70 model?

Last edited:
Finished engine pictures

I finished up the engine yesterday. I really like how it came out. The engine was done with duplicolor engine primer, the color I used was duplicolor BTY1578 white. It's a Toyota color in the perfect match cans and then finished off in spraymax 2k clear. This color was very close to the original color underneath the tank. Good enough for me.
The frame powder coat is supposed to be done this week. Pics will follow as soon as I get it:thumbsup: And I need to rivet the ID tag back on yet.

Picked up my frame from powder coat tonight.

I got my frame back from powder coat tonight. I have to clean up the bolts yet but I had to throw it together quick to see how it looked. I'm liking it. I'll have more pics tomorrow maybe with the engine on it if I get time.