Holder Micro cycle

It is the front wheel. Took me two birthdays to get the tire off and still had to cut the tire. The tire is harder than concrete. I showed the wheel to my welding buddy Tim and he said to try and clean up the wheel best I could. The more he tried to weld the bigger the holes got. lol. We were going to weld a washer over the valve stem hole but I found this oblong piece of " I don't know what" in my junk box. I think it is going to work perfect. I will just need to drill the hole a little larger. First coat of JB weld and looks pretty good. Need to get some more stripper for the several coats of paint on the wheel.

I talked on the phone today to Bob. He use to work for the Holder brothers and designed the larger Holder mini cycle. He still has all the paper work and the blue prints. He would like to buy one if anybody has one they would sell. He is very nice and has some great mini bike history at age 84.

Totally gave up on the original wheels. It was a nightmare. I will make these new wheels work. The motor mount plate was really bent so trying to get that straighten out, it's close. One of our great members is going to help me make the frame down tube that helps to steady the motor and is also the foot bar.

After I get the down tubes made I will need to make a new seat bracket as it is a piece of rebarb that is welded on. (Not by me). Somebody drilled 2 holes through the gas tank that need to be welded. Some how I need to clean and seal the gas tank and weld on some sort of a petcock. Very slowly but surely.

Paul had those rechromed. That was a big bonus for me that I didn't even realize when I bought the bike. As far as the seat goes, I might have to make one a little wider. I have to replace the seat bracket as it is just a piece of uneven rebarb welded on. I really don't think that is original. Lol