Cat Eliminator A.K.A " The Comeback Kid"

Today was good, me and Gramps worked together on the carburetor off the Briggs. No sandblasting though :crying:, hopefully I'll get around to that. Hard enough I'm making this bike outta spare parts but I switch houses every other weekend so I only get 1 or 2 days every other week to work on it so this is fixing to be a long build :doah::doah::doah:

So took the carburetor off today ( photo I just posted :facepalm: :facepalm: )

Then took off the gas tank which had crap stuck all over the mount were it connected to the carb. Fixed that with a razor blade :thumbsup:

Carb was in pretty good shape cleaned it up with some brake cleaner :laugh: worked good

So we got a new gasket and diaphragm, cleaned out the carb and put it back together.

There you go !! A rebuilt Briggs carburetor :thumbsup:

Threw the carb back on, put an air filter on it, boom running motor right? NO !!! So yesterday when we were brain storming and picked out the Briggs, then when I was taking it off the bike ( for some reason I don't remember) I dropped it on the pull start, which bent the shroud in and as soon as we tried to start it up we heard this crappy sound. So we took the shroud off put a flathead screwdriver to it and hammered it out so the voila !! Running Briggs & Stratton 5HP Flathead :scooter::scooter:

[YOUTUBEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFwobGZc6YY][/YOUTUBE]

Finally got some work done on this bike, cleaned up the brake caliper, shined up the wheel stars, got the right wheel half on the back and put the sprocket on it. Also sanded down the brake pads. Problem is the brake caliper is a little messed up and the sprocket is tweaked.
IMG_2263.JPG IMG_2264.JPG IMG_2265.JPG IMG_2266.JPG IMG_2270.JPG

OND
Nice work S C's kid and the engine sounds good !
Thanks, I think the Briggs 5 HP was the right chose it kinda fills out the frame well ,and is speedy enough for me.:scooter:
Also it should look as good as it sounds once we strip it down and paint it

buckeye
Good to see Ya got motivated.
Alabama fried chicken?
Thanks, and yeah that stuff was crazy, if/when we end up coming back we should definitely go back, :drool: so good

I just ordered one this morning along with some other odds and ends..... You didn't send it yet??? Geez Chad, try and keep up, will ya?? :laugh:

Last edited: