Recent content by Aston jag

1. Aston jag

Recklessford’s 2018 Build Off - Anything Goes

What a beautiful build, I'm subscribed. What are you using to cut the parts made with plate stock? I like the long wheelbase when it helps reduce the tendency to wheel stand.
  2. Aston jag

Frame recommendation

I had Bad Dog in San Diego build me a frame and they did good job of building what I wanted. I went with a stock frame size but had a few special instructions which were correctly carried out. Maybe they will build you exactly what you want.
  3. Aston jag

First build, the "Jimmy Gote"

Congratulations on your first trip using the bike! Seems like you did very well to have as few problems as you had.
  4. Aston jag

Your bike looks great! It is good to see all of the thought and work that went into it, making it exactly what you wanted it to be.
  5. Aston jag

Thanks for your tips on using masking tape. When building my bike I found that some of my assemblies, mounts and brackets, etc. are not conducive to easy reassembly. My rear axle with hubs, sprocket and brake disc are a real pain to assemble and I did it many times through the build. Such are...
  6. Aston jag

I used Rustoleum Gloss Preventative Enamel on my build and am very happy with the outcome. I did find that it kept getting harder as it cured over a long period of time. At first, even though it was dry to the touch, it was too soft for masking without the tape upsetting the finish.
  7. Aston jag

Can you imagine if it was the Department of Medicine?
  8. Aston jag

You mean like Juicy Fruit?
  9. Aston jag

Lord knows you built it to carry a lot of weight...and just like with JLo there's a nice shelf in back to set your beer on.
  10. Aston jag

I have two star washers in place now. If the higher torque of the new bolt doesn't work I may try your other ideas.
  11. Aston jag

I built my chain tensioner bracket with slots to allow for adjustment of the spring tension and even with a lot of tension on the chain I still had the slack drivetrain problem. Even now, the torqued down bolt allows for a little slipping of the chain tension after riding for awhile, so I...
  12. Aston jag

Hey jim, thanks for the update. I see you are using a chain tensioner. My experience with mine is that when spring loaded I had a lot of slack in the drive train because of the chain. So, I used the spring to preload the tension and then tightened up the bolt so that the tensioner is rock...
  13. Aston jag

Dutch minibike build.

Who knew the people of Amsterdam, New York, are so sensible?
  14. Aston jag

Dutch minibike build.

Li'l Popeye, you are too humble about your English abilities. I was immediately impressed with your English, very good I say. I once knew a Dutch lady who, after being in the U.S. for maybe ten years, was hardly recognizable as someone who wasn't born speaking English. I have seen Dutch...
  15. Aston jag

Minibike Cover

Thanks for your good idea. I went with a cover for a Kawasaki KX65 as it was closer to the size of my bike. I found a cover suitable for indoor use from Seal Skin Covers for $40, including freight.