Recent content by bikesandcars

1. bikesandcars

how do you tell between an "old" predator and a "new" predator?

Following up on my swap 1 year later.. it was tough to ride but just put pink springs in the comet tc front clutch and what a difference.. now very smooth and maybe faster?
  2. bikesandcars

how do you tell between an "old" predator and a "new" predator?

Thats stupid cheap. After a few hours on the 212 I have the following feedback.... Its too fast for kids How can I get a smaller one to fit? Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  3. bikesandcars

New guy with question-larger mini bikes ?

How LARGE are you? :shrug: Rupp's (IMO) are the highest end of the minibikes, good springs and suspensions and capable of a 200lb rider no problem. Others? who knows.... I have a Rupp and It's more comfortable and stable than my buddies newish honda xr50 clone
  4. bikesandcars

anyone good with tuned pipe setup (2 stroke)???

My .02: 2 strokes work fine without tuned exhausts, reference chain saws. They work better with tuned exhausts, reference hot saws. If you are not properly designing a 2-stroke exhaust to give the cylinder stuffing and scavenge you require at a specific RPM range (that also matches...
  5. bikesandcars

How Fast should it go?

Predator's have throttle restrictors built into the throttle mechanism, if you are worried just turn in the screw a little
  6. bikesandcars

What fuel to use???

For your sake (and for ours) I suggest you do a little more homework, either find or calculate the compression ratio. CR = (volume of combustion chamber at BDC / Volume of combustion chamber at TDC) Do you have stock ignition timing? Under standard conditions an air-cooled engine...
  7. bikesandcars

Rupp roadster with preditor

I don't like the rearward cant either, but it is what it is. Suprised you can't buy a vertical OHV but it must have something to do with pushrod actuation? There's a honda 5.5 (I think) that is vertical with a front exit exhaust with a 3/4" output shaft.. but not as cheap as a predator.
  8. bikesandcars

Rupp roadster with preditor

All you need is a custom exhaust kit and a new 5/16-25 bolt for the TC mount. The output shaft is shorter but not an issue regarding function. You can even run the stock exhaust if you don't mind a little heat by your leg (it's quiet!). I used the stock air cleaner with a little trimming...
  9. bikesandcars

Comet torque converter problems

great stuff. Keeping your motor the same I would get the final drive ratios in line first, then tune the driver to engage correct, then as the final step tune the driven to match your HP. Do you want a 90mph minibike? If you're building a land speed record minibike for bonneville then by...
  10. bikesandcars

anyone know anything about charging batteries?

Great idea about the switch, certainly cheaper and easier. install a 12V motorcycle battery. keep your dynamo, if AC install a bridge rectifier to change it to DC...
  11. bikesandcars

Comet torque converter problems

You are likely on the wrong side of your HP curve, but I have no idea of what your power curve looks like think about it this way: If you are topped out with a max speed of 30 and you're running at 3000 RPM, but your engine has a max RPM of 9000, you have essentially established a gear ratio...
  12. bikesandcars

Suzuki Trailhopper

lol... I don't think any of the backward tilted predator type OHV engines would work. Looks awfully similar to a honda xr50 engine / lifan clone though. Need to see how it's mounted.
  13. bikesandcars

Painting - need some adice and help

Frame looks great :) In the past couple years I've had mixed success with rattle-can stuff you buy at the automotive store or walmart (non-rustoleum). The cheap stuff doesn't seem to resist corrosion or hold up well. The best I've found durability or corrosion resistance wise is...
  14. bikesandcars

anyone know anything about charging batteries?

I'm confused if it's a generator or an alternator... :shrug: Need to understand wattage of lights Bottom line... yes a battery will help the situation as the lights will always get the same voltage. It sounds like a rechargable 6V battery would do the trick. The battery will also...
  15. bikesandcars

Painting - need some adice and help

lacquer Thinner (which is acetone anyway) won't leave a significant residue that I know of. Water, citrus cleaner, simple green, etc are the only non-petroleum based solvents I know of, and they involve wetting a bare metal part which leads to other issues. The more expensive prep-all or...