Suzuki Trailhopper

Greetings!

New to this forum...and looking forward to hanging around. As you can see, I have a Suzuki Trailhopper, circa 1971. Picked it up just the other day for $75. It needs some bits here and there, but it is pretty much complete and in okay condition for a 42 year-old motorcycle. I haven't done anything to it yet...not even a trip to the car wash. I will keep everyone posted on the progress and will welcome any advice...and leads to parts! Thanks!

Kent

Thanks, guys. Gave the little guy $7 worth of power washing last night. Looks great...but it also reveals more rust, some other blemishes, etc... Mixed bag!

One issue: I put it in gear for the first time...and it still rolls as if it is in neutral (yes, the chain is still in place). Likely means some kind of engine damage, so will be needing to split the cases to see what the culprit is.

Kent

lol... I don't think any of the backward tilted predator type OHV engines would work.

Looks awfully similar to a honda xr50 engine / lifan clone though. Need to see how it's mounted.

Looks a bit better than mine did before I had it professionally restored.

I have a boat load of parts, including two semi complete motors, once you start getting into it feel free to PM me with what you think you may need.

I also have soft copies of the parts manual and the shop manual somewhere, send me an email addy if you want copies.

Looks a bit better than mine did before I had it professionally restored.

I have a boat load of parts, including two semi complete motors, once you start getting into it feel free to PM me with what you think you may need.

I also have soft copies of the parts manual and the shop manual somewhere, send me an email addy if you want copies.
Terrific! Many thanks...I will be in touch, hopefully soon!

Kent