Recent content by Dave Morris

1. D

Powell mini bike

Bike has sat for years. Inside in good storage. serial no. 148-18 1967 Not running and havn't tried to start. Turns over Tires still good and not cracked. Has throttle, chain guard. Chrome on forks not rusty or pitted. Not show quality as on restored bikes. Put some material on the seat...
  2. D

Montgomery Ward XE525 by Gilson

$850. In Phoenix AZ. No shipping. Could possibly deliver between here and eastern Ks. Mostly original mini bike has not been started for a few years. Ran good and lights worked. Tail light replaced. Not original. two speed model. Throttle has been changed and doesn't look good but works...
  3. D

The Official Fork Plate/ Decal/ Tag & Badge Thread

Pretty plain but the only one I've got.
  4. D

Powell Challenger 154-24

Bayarea, Here are a couple of pics of the kickstand area you were asking about. Hope they help. Looks fairly similar from what I can see. Quite an undertaking but will be worth it. Gotta love that whitewall!!!!!!!! Need any other pics from a straight bar just let me know.
  5. D

Added 2 more Powell Challengers 2 the herd

Hi guys, Great thread. Bay area, is that the chicken coop Powell? My clutch assy. appears to me to be just like the 117-5 bike. Minus the chrome of course. I have no belt so would be very interested to have the number off the belt in the picture. About those early 3 then 2 digit...
  6. D

Where were all the Powell owners?

Oh man, I could have really used that spark arrestor. Didn't even see the auction.
  7. D

Powell chainguards on e-bay

No, its metal. All 3 pictures are of the same piece. It actually looks a lot like the last picture that Mac posted. The mounting hole on the flat section is much closer to the raised section than any of the five that were in your post. What I mean it appears farther to the left as we look...
  8. D

Powell chainguards on e-bay

Powell guards Ok, speaking of Powell chain guards. You guys got me thinking. I never had really looked at mine. Looks like a hacksaw job on the bottom by a previous owner. Pretty crude. Then I put it on the bike and without this mod it never would have mounted because the one attachment...
  9. D

Powell Bro Serial Numbers List

I want to add my thanks and appreciation to Bayareaburrito and the Powell's for taking the time and trouble to furnish us with this information. As others have said, its really great this knowledge was shared and not lost forever. It makes these old machines even more fun and interesting...
  10. D

Two rollers for sale in AZ

Need garage back. Starting with these two. Sears model number 184-80758. Original paint and tires. Carsile Indian head are excellent. Paper tag on engine plate rough but says Simpsons-Sears Limited Canada. with model number. Model number also on tag on handle bars. Asking $150. Can give...
  11. D

Would you all call this ridiculous??????

Well, in my opinion it is ridiculous! But don't let that stop you. Its quite a handful.:smile:
  12. D

2 Matching Mini-unknowns bought from eBay

Sears Well, I don't know what they are called but they must be Sears. Here is the #80758 and its for sure a Sears. Sears tag off the same minibike.
  13. D

Baja DB with 6.5 in Phoenix az

I am going to all old mini's and am getting rid of this type of stuff. Have a DB with harbor freight engine. Has after market exhaust header. Its threaded and you can unscrew the muffler with your hand.:wink: Go kart air filter. Has one of those bicycle type gas tanks. It has a pretty good...
  14. D

straight bar powell

Randy I thought they might be alike since they both have the straight bars and are early models. When you get to your shop, get the serial number off the top of the bar and we will compare them to see if they are close to the same. Dave
  15. D

straight bar powell

bab Heres a couple of the shifter side.