Recent content by grancuda

1. G

Project Bike - Bird Duck w/6.5hp Generator Motor

Lots of progress & he got some seat time today breaking in the new motor. All that's left is a clutch cover & a support brace for the exhaust. Cruze around the yard
  2. G

Can't flip it because it puts the chain too far out & the chain then hits the frame. Hope to be done with it tomorrow, got to make an exhaust support bracket, mount the chain guard, make a clutch guard, wire up kill switch, put spacer behind clutch & fit up the chain.
  3. G

I am putting the sprocket & chain on & the only way it seems to work is if I put 1/4 spacer behind the clutch assy. Is this typical?
  4. G

Got the pipe & the seat bracket is now welded up. Slowly getting all the parts together for this project.
  5. G

What do you guys drive in real life?

Here's the bikes I ride, technically I haven't ridden the '70 Sprint yet, still working on it.
  6. G

Anyone thinking about getting a Grom?

Way too high price for me for a "play bike" Not really a fan of the look either. Saw one at a car show that had all kinds of trick road race stuff, it was cool but I would guess the guy has $6k+ in it.
  7. G

What do you guys drive in real life?

Currently daily drive a '09 Challenger R/T, 345 w/6spd & a '72 C10 SNB 350 w/3spd. Also drive a '69 Road Runner but it mainly just stays in the garage, take it to the track & took it on the Power Tour last year for 1200 miles then broke an axle.
  8. G

Helmet Thread (Pics & Info, what do you roll with ? )

My latest, a Bell Bullitt that Bell released earlier this year.
  9. G

Making progress, made some brackets for the seat on the pivot end. Not sure what was originally on it for the seat but I made some out of angle. Here's a pic of the thing outside, the blue my boy picked out has metallic and is bright out in the daylight.
  10. G

Thanks guys, ready to get it all lined out. It's from the local bike show I took my Harley too.
  11. G

Making progress. Still have to get shocks mounted & make a bracket for the front of the seat.
  12. G

Throttle cable hook-up on 6.5 Generator carb

Ok, the stock set-up sounds like the way to go. Do I need to take the governor out to put that stock set-up? I turned down the end & put a keyway for it to be a straight shaft. It's shorter than it should be but I will see if it will hold up. Not sure how much abuse it will see, my son may...
  13. G

New to these motors. Should I do away with the governor?
  14. G

Looking to see if I can get the carb hooked up & working on a 6.5hp generator motor. It seems like it idles really high with this carb & I don't really know if it will work for a mini bike. Also trying to figure out how to hook a cable to the carb.
  15. G

Making progress. Trying to figure out the best place to source parts & looking for a chrome pipe for the 6.5 motor.