Recent content by kbak

1. K

Tecumseh Muffler ?

I figured that I better patch it. Thanks guys.
  2. K

Tecumseh Muffler ?

I'm restoring a 1970 Sears Super 2 Speed (made by Bird) with an original 4HP Tecumseh motor. The muffler was missing when I purchased the bike. Has anyone seen a cut out in the housing like shown below? I'm beginning to think the previous owner cut it out like that. I can't find any pictures...
  3. Muffler Housing Cut Out

Muffler Housing Cut Out

Muffler Housing Cut Out
  4. Tecumseh HS40

Tecumseh HS40

Tecumseh HS40
  5. K

Tecumseh Carb Questions

Ok, thanks. They cost a lot more than I thought they would. I'd rather go with the cheaper carbs, but I'm not sure of the primer vs choke. Any comments?
  6. K

Tecomseh HS40-55249B Carb

The Tecomseh Power web site lists 631537 as the original carb, but it's no longer available. Part # 631795A is listed as a replacement.
  7. K

Tecumseh Carb Questions

I have a Tecomseh HS40-55249B with no carb. I looked up the part number for the carb, and 631537 is listed, but it's no longer available. The web site said to use a 631795A carb as a replacement. I'm not having much luck finding one. When I look at other replacements, questions come to mind...
  8. K

Old and New Again

I rode a Heathkit 5hp mini bike with big fat tires when I was a kid. My wife and I found a $5 special mini bike two days ago and decide to buy it for our grand kids. I plan on fixing it up with them and then letting them go nuts. Over the last two days, this web site has allowed me to...
  9. K

Need Jackshaft Assembly

Sure misfit, can you send me the pictures? Yankee-bears, I was looking for pictures of what it looks like, because I never saw one before. I found you picture in the photo gallary. What do you mean it's different than the Roper? Do you mean the bearing mounts? vwfan79, no problem. I...
  10. K

Need Jackshaft Assembly

Thanks vwfan79, Fat Boy, and creia. This is my first mini project, and this web site is the best. Creia, I already read your son's threads and it was most helpful. Now I know what parts I'm missing and how they work. Tell your son that the work he did on his Roper is amazing.
  11. K

Sears Mini Bike

It's a Sears 2 Speed (manufactured by Bird). I just got one, although not as good. I'm missing the jackshaft assembly. Anyone know where I can get the parts?
  12. K

Need Jackshaft Assembly

I'm going to restore a Sears Super 2 Speed Mini Bike (manufactured by Bird). The engine clutch has two sprockets. The sprocket on the rear tire is on the right side. However, the jackshaft assembly is missing. Does anyone know where I can get a jackshaft assembly? If not, does anyone have...
  13. K

What Is This Frame?

I just got some more information on my mini bike. Turns out it's made by Bird for Sears, and it's a Super 2 Speed. The clutch has two sprokets, and the sprocket for the rear tire is on the right side. However, it's missing the jackshaft.
  14. Advertisement

Advertisement

Sears Super 2 Speed Manufactured By Bird
  15. K

15.5 hp B&S riding mower motor - backfiring and not wanting to start

fiero377ci is most likely correct. I think it's the flywheel key also. I had a back firing problem and it turned out that the key was broken and the flywheel was rotated out of alignment. A new key fixed my issue.