Recent content by kontinental kid

1. K

Turbo-diesel Mini

reminds me of the green goblin and his perpetual trail of smoke on that flying skate board of his. I'm sure this dude's neighbors are thrilled. :repuke:
  2. K

Continental Rebuild

I have the 64 continental manual I scored of ebay for 15 bucks. Have to scan it but shows my bike has the solid wheels and a different rear fender/tail light assm. (prolly not going to put that on my bike)... Here are some pics of my "vintage mini bike" engine I got last week from ebay...
  3. K

Continental Rebuild

Looks great! Is that a "special" or "custom" Mine does not have the snazzy turbine wheels.
  4. K

Engine painting

It's not a sidepopper and actually in good shape. Cleaned up swell. I will see how it runs this weekend. Found a duplicolor engine paint in "clear"- looks awesome!
  5. K

Continental Rebuild

Thank you injuntom. Your bike collection is amazing! The project is going well as i scored a nice rear dump tec off ebay. Cleaned up swell and ifound dupli color hi heat clearcoat. Looks nice and vintage (off white color). Next bit to do is forks and shocks. I would like to rechrome...
  6. K

plastic gas tanks

Thanks buckeye. I started clear coating the motor. Looks cool actually. The tank i have not worked on yet. I hope to just get some of the gas resin off of it. Might try some carb cleaner on it.
  7. K

plastic gas tanks

Hi guys and thanks for answering. It's a Tecumseh H35. I will show you the ebay link here quick as I don't have a camera handy. My kid really likes things to look old and rusty? He does not like refurbished stuff which strikes me as super strange. So we need to strike a happy medium as I...
  8. K

plastic gas tanks

My vintage tecumseh came with a dingy looking plastic gastank. Should I bother painting the thing? Or just leave it alone. Thanks.
  9. K

I got a Screamer!

neighbor has one and won't sell it to me- yet
  10. K

Continental Rebuild

Hi gang. Tearing this down now. Lots of goofy welding by headstock, an extra set of footpegs and worn out forks and shocks. I am a good machinist by trade (in sales now) but these shocks have worn downtubes and springs. *thinking of next steps* would like to get bike in primer soon. Prolly...
  11. K

Engine painting

Wow, awesome paint people. I have been diligently priming and painting mufflers and air cleaners/shroud parts with hi heat duplicolor paint. I think I want to find a good clear coat next for the stuff. I have a "vintage" H35 coming from ebay this week. Yes I was the sucker that paid 75...
  12. K

Who all here is in Ohio?

My bike is a long way from a minibike ride. I had a couple of KTM's for awhile so LOL and have not ridden a freakin' minibike since I was 10 so- shit I kinda want a Rokon for my next "serious" dirt ride? Or perhaps maybe build a rupp black widow? Kinda don't know wtf I am doing with bikes at...
  13. K

Who all here is in Ohio?

Hello. I live in Pepper Pike and my family has a farm in Burton. Working on my 64 Rupp Continental. I have been getting the parts together. Not entirely sure if I am going to build the side pooper tecumseh aluminum or the rear dump tecumseh I am bidding on on ebay right now. But building a...
  14. K

First Mini Bike Build

Looks like a rupp "chopper" frame No? Nice motor. wow!
  15. K

Help! Repainting a Tecumseh

Ok thanks. I will keep plugging away on my project. Lotta rust here. My parts should all be in by the end of the week. Really just want to get alot in primer first and do more work on it this fall. We will see. I am the type of guy who does not like to see parts in piles.