Recent content by Mikesbike

1. M

Can anyone tell how old this Briggs might be.

I just picked up a 5S engine, exact same as yours has the pulley and all. I just dated mine to April 1955. More detailed info on serials here, Briggs & Stratton Manufacturing Date Listing
  2. M

Tecumseh Head on an 8" swing lathe

Definitely seems like it could be done, even though a mill would be the proper way. Why not get something a bit more solid for the chuck than a spark plug? Maybe even do a rough run with a round bit and then clean it up with a finish bit? If only I could use some of the CNCs I work with to do...
  3. M

Honda gx160 misfiring under full load

Hey guys its been a while for me here on OldMiniBikes. Anyways, took the bike out today for a bit. Was running fine and then it just started sputtering/misfiring under full load. It didnt stall and I rode it about a quarter mile back home on maybe 1/3 throttle. I looked at the plug and it was a bit...
  4. M

Back from the dead, A rebuild.

We have a running bike! the story, since the last update I got down to completion and needed new bolts to mount the engine. I was lazy and didnt want to run to the hardware store so I put it back in the basement and didnt touch it.:sleeping: This week I decided to take it out. I moved into...
  5. M

Champion 6.5 hp (Honda Clone) conrod explosion

Was the engine properly broken in?
  6. M

The West part lol....
  7. M

ANNNNDD we have a rolling chassis:shifty:
  8. M

GX160 has no valve rotator

Mods please delete thread. Problem solved...
  9. M

Just to give everyone a preview.... A bad closeup of the texture, Painted the seat bracket green, just to give some more pop other than the front. I know the gouge in the rim is hideous, its behind the sprocket anyway, Preview of the contrast, Id say its going well for a...
  10. M

Got some work done today... painted the frame with the topcoat. I ended up using Rustoleum truck bed liner spray, this is the can... I love this stuff, it is pretty strong and has a fine texture, not too coarse/grainy, but not smooth. I just wish they made it in other colors.... I still...
  11. M

Progress OK so a bit of an update here:smile: Received the tires. They are Kenda K290 145/70/6 tubeless. Got them from "Bikebanditparts" on EBay. I only mention the seller because I got them so fast and pricing was very reasonable. Got new bearings, foot pegs, and valve stems from OldMiniBikes...
  12. M

Are clones just as good as the Hondas?

Yea thats what I figured (what everyone said) It just seems that no one really posts a topic about a Honda in the Honda forum:1orglaugh: I would use one for a smaller project for my nephew, but I wouldnt take the governor off. I only ask because of what Ive seen these GX engines go...
  13. M

Are clones just as good as the Hondas?

Aside from the price? I feel like the clones just wouldnt be made as good. Or are they strictly throwaway/experimental engines? I also feel like various tolerance specs wouldnt be perfect in some of these clones and the castings are more likely to be bad. I know the hondas are like...
  14. M

Hemi predator tav topspeed setup

My mini has a band brake on the back wheel. I had an old 5hp honda with only a straight pipe and a TAV-30. It ripped! and then I had to reallllly jam on the brake to even get the feel of slowing down. Ever drive a car and have your brakes fade to the floor?, this is similar and its not fun lol