Hemi predator tav topspeed setup

Ok so I want to put a tav on my predator but I want to still have good top speed does anyone know a way that I can do that
I know there is a member on her that has a bike that has a tav and it hits 80

Also I you guys need to know here is why my motor has
18lb springs
22mikuni
Header
Billet rod is on the way from agk
Billet flywheel is on the way from agk

AndrewC

How long is a piece of string?

I don't think you will have the power to push yourself through the air no matter how low you gear it, specially if you put 250lb rider on it.

To achieve 80mph you need some more serious mods. Also cheap tav's don't like revs so be prepared to spend big bucks.

Coxy.

60-70mph is absolutely hauling ass on a minibike. No offense, but I personally don't think you've ever been 60-70mph on a dirtbike or motorcycle. It's WAY different than doing 70mph in a car.

If you want to go fast, you might as well and pay up for a dirtbike or something. A mini that would do 70mph fast is going to probably cost you more after you get done upgrading the drivetrain, suspension & brakes. If you're going to turn really high RPM's, you're going to have to get a pretty beefy TAV (or a racing clutch) which is going to cost some serious moolah on it's own.

And then you're going to have to get speed-rated tires, stronger rims, better wheel bearings, better forks, disc brakes (forget about a scrub brake stopping you at those speeds), etc. Not to mention, you're probably going to have to weld in frame braces.

Even then, if you want it to launch like a top fuel dragster, you're going to need to either weld up a long swingarm to keep the bike from climbing up on you, or extend the frame.

And then get ready to spend cash on the safety gear associated with that. 70mph + bare skin + pavement = potentially dead.

Going really fast isn't cheap. And if you do it on the cheap, it's not going to be safe.

Last edited:
Be happy with what you have.

You could go as fast as 45 or 50 on that set up without any serious issues.
And thats fast, now try and stop.....

60-70mph is absolutely hauling ass on a minibike. No offense, but I personally don't think you've ever been 60-70mph on a dirtbike or motorcycle. It's WAY different than doing 70mph in a car.

If you want to go fast, you might as well and pay up for a dirtbike or something. A mini that would do 70mph fast is going to probably cost you more after you get done upgrading the drivetrain, suspension & brakes. If you're going to turn really high RPM's, you're going to have to get a pretty beefy TAV (or a racing clutch) which is going to cost some serious moolah on it's own.

And then you're going to have to get speed-rated tires, stronger rims, better wheel bearings, better forks, disc brakes (forget about a scrub brake stopping you at those speeds), etc. Not to mention, you're probably going to have to weld in frame braces.

Even then, if you want it to launch like a top fuel dragster, you're going to need to either weld up a long swingarm to keep the bike from climbing up on you, or extend the frame.

And then get ready to spend cash on the safety gear associated with that. 70mph + bare skin + pavement = potentially dead.

Going really fast isn't cheap. And if you do it on the cheap, it's not going to be safe.
I have a 98 rm250 I know what it feels like and I used to have a lt500 Quadzilla lol I've been faster than 60

Both of which are substantially better suited for high speeds than a mini.
THAT!

I've been riding motorcycles, mopeds, dirtbikes, etc. my entire life. I've lived on two wheels.

A while ago I got to try out my friend's mini built with an Animal. GPS says it does 47ish mph, and accelerates pretty well.

Speaking from experience, hitting a pebble with a 6'' wheel at speed really changes your outlook on life. I personally have no inclination to do faster than that on a mini.

When I say that I'd rather ride the KX500 than a mini, chances are the mini probably scared me a bit. That's because it's an unstable death machine set up the way it is at the moment.

Be happy with what you have.

You could go as fast as 45 or 50 on that set up without any serious issues.
And thats fast, now try and stop.....
And this part right here, scrub brakes don't stop for crap at speeds. You're going to need to go to discs.

On the cheap, you could probably get away with ripping a junk scooter apart for the brake system & cannibalizing the wheels, sprockets, etc.

And this part right here, scrub brakes don't stop for crap at speeds. You're going to need to go to discs.

On the cheap, you could probably get away with ripping a junk scooter apart for the brake system & cannibalizing the wheels, sprockets, etc.
This night piss some people off but I use my feet to stop

My mini has a band brake on the back wheel.

I had an old 5hp honda with only a straight pipe and a TAV-30. It ripped! and then I had to reallllly jam on the brake to even get the feel of slowing down.

Ever drive a car and have your brakes fade to the floor?, this is similar and its not fun lol

I've used my feet to stop my mini when it was stock and the brakes were out. It only went 20 MPH then. Have you ever let your foot drag the road at 70? I'm just saying I'd rather lay the bike over than Fred Flintstone it at those speeds.

You'll feel fear when the brakes fail at 40ish. I snapped the hydraulic caliper. There's a thread by me right after it happened. I went back to cable brakes

Wow wanting to it 60mph+++ and stop with your feet, you must be taking the piss with some of your threads mate the things you continually come out with make me laugh.

Coxy.

This is not an expensive hobby.
You can spend a few bucks and buy some good brakes and save your shoes.

Once ou have something that moves a long at a good clip you will apreciate the value of front brakes.

What ever you chose to spend your oney on becareful and think ahead a little.
These little machines do not turn well brake well or take rough surfaces well at high speed.
You could find tis out the hard way but I would like to see a new memeber have fun rather than regrets.

Last edited: