minidragbike

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• I made the briggs adaptor fit on my clone ups just del.it @ 6:30 pm est.took a while,here's my results..I read on Bobs 4 cycle karting site,that a guy has 3 carts all set up witht e 22 mm carb on the angle,and did not have to alter the adaptor.so figured I would try it..

it fired right up,stay running for about 5 min.then after that it would start only if I choked it,as well as cover the air cleaner outlet..stay running for a bit then quit!!
    I determaned that the fuel pump is working def,getting gas to the carb but plug is dry when I check it after it stalls..
    The carb not only is angled at 15deg.but also sits slanted to the right alot.

Im thinking about cutting the adaptor in half,and use some type of hose to reconnect them so I can have it sit level..

your thought's here??

thanx a bunch John
    Robins don't have any aftermarket parts. But you can fab up a intake, or use a briggs Animal intake with a 22mm carb, A header, and remove the complete governor setup. I don't know if you have a OHV, or OHC motor, but you can advance the timing as well. that's about all you can do.
    I don't have a Murray minibike. That is a friend of mines. But he is tall at 6'2" and he rides it easy.
    hey i know you know a lot about mini bikes

i was just wonderin
    could you give me a broken down way of modifying a 5.5 hop engine into a 10 or 11hp engine

because im not to good at mechanics and all that
    so yeah thanks
    ps its a robbin engine
    Hi,
    That is the coolest Mini Bike I've ever seen. I recently joined the Old Mini Bike Forum and saw the pictures that you posted. I found two Murray Mini Bikes on Craigslist that were within a few hours drive of where I live but they were both sold already. I'm still looking. I would like to copy yours.

I'm 6'1" would it be too small for me? I've never seen one in person. Any tips for the rebuild?

Thanks,
    Steve
    None of the classic stuff is being done in my neck of the woods. But there are local minibike shops that can build up just about anything you want. The problem is they don't have a web site, and don't ship out. Tons of people have asked me the same question.
    Hey, do you possibly know who is making new mini bike frames. Not the cheap one that are sold as kits. Unless some are tougher than they look. Is what I would realy like is a new remake of the ruttmans or early LIl Indians maybe even at a slightly larger scale. Please if you know some one could you let me know.
    I can't, that wasn't my camcorder. That was Harolds friends camcorder. I video taped it for him. He also doesn't have the USB cord connector for the computer so it can even be downloaded to my PC.
    Naw I don't know. I had a friend with one of those years ago. They wasn't good on the torque side, but they would out turn any of the 4 stroke stuff. I would guess and say 10 HP.
    Hey do you happen to know the horsepower ratings for McCulloch MC-5, MC-7, or MC-9.
    I'm Mainly interseset in the MC-9. I use to have one on a mini way back in 1980 real fast, so my Mom made my Dad sell it.
    Well the briggs WF makes more HP and TQ then a stock Animal, or any other factory built race motor of it's size. It really depends on what you are going to do with the minibike? The stock TAV-30 setup are not really built to handle the power of the briggs WF. But if you buy the WF you can run it with the stock premier clutch that it comes with. If you don't like the launch of your minibike, then change it over to the TAV-30. They also make stronger Salbury 340 TAV's that can handle much more power and are adjustable.

The briggs WF makes about 13hp box stock
    The briggs Animal makes about 8hp box stock.
    You can also buy a modified clone that makes the same, or more power for less money if needed.
    Hi MDB,
    I'm starting a build on a rupp mx style mini and am considering using the animal or wf engine. It seems that you are quite the source when it comes to these matters from your previous posts. My question is if I go with the stock wf would I somehow be able to use the premier titan star clutch that comes with it or will it be best to go with a comet torque converter like a 30 model?
    It seems that a build animal and a stock wf would be about the same price, so what do you think would be the better route?
    I know you don't know me from Adam but I would really appreciate any help or input that you may have on this.

Thanks,

gp17
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…