Recent content by r_chez_08

1. R

14cc gx200/ clone cylinder head

Selling this, I will post internationally. Check out this item I found on eBay: End time: Dec 8, 2012 9:35:39 PM Item: Honda Gx160 or gx200 6.5 5.5hp high compression cylinder head or stock 14cc URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221159974715 Alt URL: Honda Gx160...
  2. R

Ruixing carb on a jiongdong 5.5

If you can't get it out, a new carb is only like $20.
  3. R

Head stud question

I have heard the dowels are just for alignment. I would drill for dowells anyway.
  4. R

building my genuine gx200-help!

I would allow for atleast .025 head to piston clearance. I have a 14cc head FS if you want it?
  5. R

Messed up my threads! Any ideas?

I think it is a smidgen larger. Maybe time for an upgrade :scooter: I would try roughening it up and cleaning it, then put a little JB weld in the hole. You may be able to tap it, or just hold it together with JB.
  6. R

building my genuine gx200-help!

I bored my own. Take it easy. You can bore up to .680 venturi if you do it right. I broke through into the idle jet area. Be careful! JB weld is your friend. I got mine to around .650. You can also bore the throttle bore, but then you need to fab a throttle plate. I would also shave down...
  7. R

Valve Springs and E tubes

you can use solder or heatshrink to cover some of the holes in your stock e tube to make it similar to the 140 one.
  8. R

Honda clone gx160

Could be a clogged main jet or passage in the carburettor.
  9. R

Clone build

Small engine cams make a black mamba jr cam for 2000-6000rpm.
  10. R

GreyHound Starter Assembly

Check valve lash. Set it to around .002 ex, and .003 in.
  11. R

Checking coil.

I found resistance readings for the clone coils a few years ago. Told me that I had a bad coil with a multimeter. I think they were on a service manual, can't find any good manuals now though! Maybe do some searching.
  12. R

GreyHound Starter Assembly

You could probably use a Honda starter cup with your new recoil, just remove the flywheel nut, put on new cup and torque back to the correct torque (54ft lb iirc). There are a few different types of cups- My gx160 uses plastic pawls to engage with a cup with pressed engagement places My 196...
  13. R

Engine basics for a complete noob

A reduction gearbox is a box that usually mounts to the motor and changes the gear ratio. They usually come in 2:1 and 6:1, but can come with other ratios. You can get a 3/4" clutch for $25-30. But what is the clutch like that is on the current motor?
  14. R

6.5hp dirt bug/doodlebug $250 (CT)

Hey, why don't you make up an adapter for the 1" driven so you can bolt it all up?